PDA

View Full Version : GA jobs going

GBA1
26th Dec 2003, 15:54
Folks GBA are looking for pilots at the moment. Anyone with around 1000TT and 200 multi should get in touch and have a chat with them.
BTW GBA are based in Auckland and do multi and single scheduled flights.

Cypher
27th Dec 2003, 05:00
Isn't anyone with those sorta hours going to be called up to an Eagle/Air Nelson interview reasonably quickly?

Ratter
27th Dec 2003, 10:20
GBA, out of curiosity do they bend on the multi, i have 1300TT but only 60 multi. Am interested. Please let me know.

Happy new year.

Rat.

splatgothebugs
27th Dec 2003, 10:31
Cypher you are correct:)

The GBA requirement is about as stupid as the SAV requirements of 100 multi pic.

People with those sort of hours are generally already in a twin job and are getting ready to move on to something bigger.

In saying that it could be a requirement just to keep CAA auditors happy, who knows :confused:

splat

GBA1
27th Dec 2003, 13:55
Ratter, yes GBA are flexible on the hours. Like any aviation employer they cannot always get people with their normal minimum hours. in reality they are looking for anyone with 100+ multi, ie more than just a basic MEIR.

DeltaT
29th Dec 2003, 00:42
a basic MEIR would be just the plain issue, so you would have around 15 hrs Multi time, to get 100 multi you would have been working somewhere.
Being pedantic I know, but the facts non the less

Kiwi Flyer
29th Dec 2003, 17:24
I just love GA! The important questions is what is pay and the conditions like!

If they are reasonable I'd be interested. You can get people with the requirements so long as you are willing to pay for it. I have 3500 total with 500 multi, but am not willing to work for nothing!

KF

maxgrad
29th Dec 2003, 18:54
GA can be interesting hey!
Unfortunately GA has created a situation(in some areas) that enables the employer to do the employee over ...just be carefull and aware
cheers:ok:

Ratter
30th Dec 2003, 07:51
GBA, thanks for the response. I have just completed my third renewal. Unfortunately at my current employer the opportunities to do multi, let alone IFR are few and far between.

What would be the application process, send what to whom etc...

Regards

Rat

P.S. Happy new year to all.

M.85
30th Dec 2003, 21:03
ok thats it im off to sunny australia..
I have 2400 hours multi turbine and not a C152 to get a hang on around here...
See you there!!!:E

M.85

Luke SkyToddler
30th Dec 2003, 22:32
M.85 ...

If you are looking for a job with GBA, I would suggest that you do not travel to sunny Australia for it because you will be looking for a long time. Try a couple thousand miles to the east ;)

But take it from me ... that other job we discussed recently, is a damn sight better than what GBA or any other kiwi piston-engine type of employers have got to offer :ok:

outboundjetsetter
12th Jan 2004, 13:38
GBA1 are you still looking for people?.