PDA

View Full Version : New/Old Route

Felix Lighter
26th Dec 2003, 12:51
A birdy told me the wheels are in motion for CX heading back to Manchester with the pax fleet from August 2004?

The new route is HKG - Moscow - Manchester.

Flying Duck Cafe/Bar in Moscow is a top-top spot! (Far better than the Russian lasses in the Mandarin Oriental - Macau)

spannersatcx
26th Dec 2003, 18:54
This has been on the rumour mill for quite a while. If it should ever happen I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath!:hmm:

Fly747
27th Dec 2003, 21:49
Also the Night Flight in Moscow, all 8s and 9s, doctors, teachers etc, semi-pro. I've never seen so much top totty in one spot. The place is almost as big a phenomenon as the Cyclone in DXB. Sounds like a good route.

Turbo Beaver
28th Dec 2003, 20:04
Also a brake index of .25, vv 000, RVR of 400m and an alternate of ULLI, UUYY that will be similar. Maybe I am just thinking of the job at hand. Silly me. Challenging, we will have to wait and see.

VR-HFX
30th Dec 2003, 13:01
Felix

Your little birdy seems to know what is going on.

Moscow is certainly on the priority list. Not sure how the HR guys are going to convince the fair burghers of Manchester to come on back to work.

Felix Lighter
30th Dec 2003, 16:03
And the prize goes to the 777 fleet. Sadly, though in keeping with the 'work your ar$e-off' philosophy (on the triple) Moscow-Manchester is a shuttle

Official word is now: ".....a few new routes to be announced in the New Year....."

Other routes?

Direct-NYC, Shanghai, Xiamen, LHR-NYC..... and from left field Boston?

Most have been in the pipeline for a while....so, as spanners says, I wont be counting m'chickens just yet.

Harbour Rat
30th Dec 2003, 16:30
And what do we propose to use for aircraft and crews? <asked in ALL innocence>

spannersatcx
30th Dec 2003, 22:03
VR-HFX Not sure how the HR guys are going to convince the fair burghers of Manchester to come on back to work not sure what that means exactly. For your info CX has an Engineering and Cargo department at MAN.

VR-HFX
31st Dec 2003, 10:02
Spanners

So all the glum faces I saw toward the end of PAX ops into MAN were not laid off after all?

spannersatcx
31st Dec 2003, 16:03
Unfortunately the traffic department was closed, with the loss of 10 or 12 people.

The Engineers I have spoken to would love to see the return of a PAX flt, other than the 20+ PIA flts they look after, as well as the freighters. They say this rumour has been doing the rounds for a couple of years, and they say it would be nice to serve the largest Chineese community in the UK again!

Like they say once it taxi's in and the chox are under the wheels then they'd believe it, until then they are not holding their breath.

Happy New Year to one and all lets hope for a prosperous New Year, and maybe some profit share and a pay rise! OK then a Happy New Year will have to do!!:{