PDA

View Full Version : Kodak digital camera and EX Pro

flynverted
25th Dec 2003, 17:55
Hi all
Using a Kodak DC210 Plus digital camera, Worked fine with 98SE. With 98SE I could select "ALL" pics, and let them transfer to a selected album, but now with XP Pro I have to click on each pic and manually transfer each pic to desired album.
Kodak no longer supports this model, so no help there, and couldn't find any help @ Microsoft site.
Any info as to how to transfer all pics at once rather than 1 at a time greatly appreciated.

nverted

Mac the Knife
25th Dec 2003, 18:23
Get a multi-format card reader (cheap these days, but make sure it can read Kodak Picture Cards) and plug it into a USB port. Stuff the card in the reader and XP will be able to access the card directly - you'll be able to select all, cut/copy and paste.

If you don't have it, download and install Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com - completely free, very fast and superb for juggling/viewing image files to/from devices.

Front_Seat_Dreamer
26th Dec 2003, 02:51
flynverted

XP is usually a million times better when transferring pictures, I am unsure of how you are trying to do this, but here are my best suggestions.

1. Follow Mac's instructions as if you get a CF card reader when you plug the Cf card in the reader it will give you wizard which you can follow to tranfers the pictures.

2. Double click My Computer - find Camera Icon double click then double click the folder which will hold the pictures (from memory named something like 100k... or similar) when you see your pictures do CTRL + A on the keyboard which will select the pictures now CTRL + C to copy then navigate to another folder where you can paste the pictures into.

I would always go with 1 above as XP has some cool tools that you can mass rename etc, worth visiting the powertoys site at microsoft where you can get various tools I find invaluable like the picture resizer.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
26th Dec 2003, 12:30
flynverted,

Just to check, you did try the WinXP Scanner and Camera Wizard right? It has several options for handling the transfer of your pix from the camera to the hard drive. (You can run it manually if it does not launch when you connect your camera.)

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. If you have USB 2.0 on your computer, it is a good idea to get a card reader as Mac recommends, since it will download your pix 50 times faster than the camera could!

flynverted
28th Dec 2003, 20:38
Thanks, guys, for taking the time to reply. I haven't taken any pics lately, but Ill keep all your suggestions in mind next time I need to transfer pics.
As far as getting a card reader, thanks for the suggestions, but I don't really take enough pics to justify the cost/install trouble, etc. I'll definatelly keep the suggestions in mind, though. :ok:

Mac the knife: D/L'ed irfanview, but haven't had the chance to play with it yet.
F.S.D. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :ok:
Richard: Thanks for the info. I'm in no hurry to d/l pics. If it takes a while, that's ok. All I want to do is: Select all>save to>xyz album>click on ok, rather than d/l'ing each pic individually. If it takes a while, that's ok. I just don't wanna sit in front of my puter and transfer a single pic every few minutes.

Bonus footage!! Here are the last few pics I transfered. Taken on 12/24 A.M. http://www.jfktower.com/jfktwr/viewtopic.php?t=1375 at FWA. Again, thanks to all, and I'll keep everyone updated. :ok:

Take care, guys, and Happy Holidays!!

Naples Air Center, Inc.
29th Dec 2003, 03:28
flynverted,

Brrrrrrrrrrr, I knew there was a reason I lived in Florida. Man that looks miserably cold! :eek:

As for the WinXP Camera Wizard, I just tested it out by downloading the Christmas Pics from my Kodak digital camera, I picked the directory I wanted them to go in and the 300+ pictures all downloaded into that directory. So it should work the same for you.

Take Care,

Richard