PDA

View Full Version : FAA PPL Ground Studies??

wbryce
25th Dec 2003, 08:07
Hi People,

In a few months i shall be heading off to do my PPL training in America due to the costs over here in the UK.

I dont want to have my head in the books for the entire time when im in the USA i want to be able to relax a little and enjoy the flying, so i want a head start on the ground studies before i leave, can anyone recommend any PC software that can teach me my PPL ground studies?

Thanks,

Have a good festive season.

dorosenco
25th Dec 2003, 08:50
WBryce,

Try http://www.kingschools.com/productDetail.asp?ITEMNO=CPCKS198K&LinkTitle=Private%20Pilot%20-%20Cessna%20Courses

It is really good ! I used it myself, its cost is $299 but all worth it ...

good studying

liverbird
26th Dec 2003, 21:10
To save you alot of cash. their is some some ppl jepensen manuals on the famous auction website.......... .co.uk.
going very very cheap. all the best with your training and new year...;)

weasil
27th Dec 2003, 12:33
www.webexams.com has as free study guide for the written test. Also www.sportys.com has a study guide for free for the written.

www.americanflyers.net has online test prep and a DVD course.

Good Luck

wbryce
27th Dec 2003, 13:34
thanks for that info!

can anyone recommend what one to go for?

Im a newb, so the one that spoon feeds you the best would do me :D

http://www.sportys.com/courses/dprivate.cfm#d

does the above provide what i need for PPL ground school? im not too intreasted in a full DVD course that gives you endless hours of flying, just really PC/DVD software that will teach me the exams. I prefer interactive over books. :-)

thanks
Will

wbryce
31st Dec 2003, 23:18
BTTT

Sorry to bring this back up, but no one else can seem to help me, i contact the firms that sell this software and there just the usual "buy our software" attitude.

Its alot of money to spend and i want to spend it wisely!

Maybe not the best time to be asking questions given that everyone will be out partying :)

Have a happy new year everyone.

Dah Dah...Dit
1st Jan 2004, 00:03
wbryce, this is of the subject a little bit but where are you going to learn how to fly?