PDA

View Full Version : B737 Info from Indonesia

Deske
25th Dec 2003, 06:27
Dear aviateurs,

I have received an offer from a crew leasing agency for B737-EFIS to an Indonesian Airline.
The offer is for three month,starting in January.
As I am European,I am unfamiliar in the Indonesian Airline Industry.
Any info about the enviroment,the possible employer would be appreciated.
I am also interested in the present situation in the country.

I have to go for unpaid leave from my present company.

I wish all off You Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bug+10
25th Dec 2003, 08:14
hi Deske

Don't know bout which company that will hire you, but the environtment is very friendly. People there are very warm and friendly, they always smile and helpful.
The weather is fairly good, and it's warm and humid there.
Latest situation in the country is good, don't worry too much about any rumours you heard. But you'll find traffic jam almost everywhere in JKT. :p
You should visit Bali, really nice place, mate :ok:

But I heard that wages are poor for expat pilots in this country, but it is ok for living in Indonesia, but can't save much for European Living standard.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! God bless you

Deske
26th Dec 2003, 03:40
Thnak You for taking time to reply.

As I know it is a hotel accomodation provided and transport also.

Till now,they did not mentioned the operator but I am sure it is not Garuda.

Unfortunatly I don't know any other 737 operator.

For a 3 month it can be good,just to know that region.

I only afraid about what i see on the evening news and the Bali explosion wasn't so far.I am sure the people are friendly there.

I've been in JKT in 1995 for 4 days as tourist.

What other airlines have B737-EFIS over there?

B772
26th Dec 2003, 05:42
I saw a neat looking B737-500 in DPS last week. It was departing for CGK. Sorry I can not assist with the name of the carrier.

crisidebrian
26th Dec 2003, 06:11
Mandala and Merpati operate 737-EFIS

speedtwoten
26th Dec 2003, 19:33
Adam Air has also have B737 Clasic and they need pilots :ok:

M.85
26th Dec 2003, 21:30
speed,..

I cant find Adam air website..dont they have one?

Thanks,
M.85

Bug+10
26th Dec 2003, 23:35
Hi all,
yes I also heard that Adam Airlines needs pilots, and they operate 737 EFIS. They just started flying last week.
There is another airline operating B737 EFIS, just saw that one last week in Bali. I think it's Air Paradise, serving DPS-PER.

Deske, what benefits do they offered for expat pilots?

Thanks for the info, guys :ok:

M.85
26th Dec 2003, 23:42
any contact for Adam Airlines?

Thank youuuu

speedtwoten
28th Dec 2003, 23:14
M.85 ADAM AIR WEB SITE www.adamair.co.id,

chief pilot phone nr ++62 21 5594091, good luck

Deske
29th Dec 2003, 00:08
Yes it is Adam Air.They have called me on this Friday and wanted me in Singapore on Sunday-two days later.

Unfortunatly I could not speak either with the Fleet Mgr. at my company about the unpaid leave, so maybe this train has gone.

Although they promised to take me from April with longer notice before.

They lease our former B737-400 reg:HA-LEO as the EFIS's are replaced by NGs.

Conditions:

-3 month contract with possible renewal
-employed by the Crew Leasing Company
-gross USD 3250 :ugh:
-Transport and hotel acc. provided
-90 hours/month

That's what i know so far.

Bug+10
29th Dec 2003, 15:51
Thanks, Deske & speedtwoten.
Not quite a good offer, huh? :( :ugh:

Deske
29th Dec 2003, 18:20
Sorry not to mention,but this offer is for RHS.

M.85
29th Dec 2003, 19:32
Speedtwoten,

Thank you:ok:

M.85

Deske,

May I know what experience you have?
I see you have an ATPL and current on the NG.How many hours?

Thanks

M.85

speedtwoten
29th Dec 2003, 21:14
M .85 and Deske, yes adam air need rhs pilot badly, they have hired 8 pilots from rishworth i heard and they all brazillian, for the salary they offer to you deske, you will be living like a king in jkt:ok:

M.85
29th Dec 2003, 21:24
Hi speed,

The website is under construction..
Any basic info on them before i call?

Cheers
M.85

Born4aviation
29th Dec 2003, 22:14
I found the following information about Adam Air:

Start-up: 19 December 2003
Operations:
Medan - Jakarta - Yogyakarta
Medan - Jakarta - Surabaya
Jakarta - Denpasar
Jakarta - Semarang
Jakarta - Pontianak
Jakarta - Balikpapan

probably Vica Versa :)

Fleet: Boeing 737-400, Boeing 737-500 as I heard both owned by the carrier (hmm ever heard about corruption in Indonesia).

Flying business has a had an immense growth last years within Indonesia… around 10 domestic airliners has been set up. Mostly flying with the older aircraft B737-200, B727 and F27/28. With the eye on the future and the environmental policy newer aircraft has been introduced in some of those low budget airliners. Lion Air is one of the more successful airliners because they operate the more bigger MD80 series…
In my opinion flying in Indonesia belongs to most beautiful places in the world… Good luck with applying… if you can survive the traffic within Jakarta you can survive everything

M.85
29th Dec 2003, 22:25
Born4Aviation,

Thanks a lot!:ok:

M.85

Deske
29th Dec 2003, 23:08
Hi to All!

Asking your question,I have:

-ATPL
-Total Time:2200
-B737-3/4/500 F/O:960
-B737-700/800 F/O:180
-Turbo Prop:250
The rest are single-engine time

freightdriver
31st Dec 2003, 23:35
Deske,

Good luck with Adam Air! I've seen them flying around in WIII and WRLL with their sharp paint job. I have personaly applied locally but no response yet since I do not have the EFIS time (flying a classic freighter 200s now)

The reality is there are a lot of new operators in Indonesia and heard there will be more in the pipeline. My concerns are that many of these new airlines did not plan ahead as one might think in terms of crewing their fleet. Most are short of pilots and they all are looking either abroad to crew leasing agencies for type rated pilots (local pool is drying up fast) or locally to a few pilots (mostly ab initio) with lots of dough to spare with an expensive type rating+hours of line experience schemes. (up to 22K USD+)

Now, being local I am all for industry growth and I see all pilots as my brothers or sisters in arms. But a little food for thought: There are still many pilots here localy with no jobs, either because they do not have the type or opportunity to attain the type required on their own. Pay scales for local pilots are terrible and terms are not well standardize (mostly below standards)within the industry since we do not have a solid national pilot's union/org.:ugh:

So perhaps when you do come here you can give insights and a positive influence to the industry on how to anticipate this awesome growth, how to treat their pilots (local or expats), etc etc...I know the point I am trying to make is not profound but it's hard to be....considering I am under the influence trying to celebrate the New Year.....

So Happy New Year!!!!!

If any of you are in my nect of the woods drop in and say hello!:ok: