PDA

View Full Version : For Tom775257

Natterjack
26th May 2001, 04:11
Hi Tom

With reference to my "pubs and clubs in MAN/BHX" thread which I posted a few weeks ago, do you think you could possibly try to answer the following questions?

1. Any idea how much a taxi from Symphony Hall to DNA would cost? How much does entry cost to DNA?

2. I've found some unoffical DNA sites, which have various photographs of the club. I'm amazed at how stylish it looks! Do you know the offical web addy?

3. Is the itinerary you suggested suitable for a Sat. night? Is Sat. a good day to visit?

4. Do you know of any cheap but comfortable B&B's/hotels close to DNA?

If you could e-mail me at [email protected] I would sincerely appreciate it. If I see you out, I'll buy you a beer for your efforts.

Cheers.

------------------
I spend most of my money on beer and women; the rest I just waste.

[This message has been edited by Natterjack (edited 25 May 2001).]

Natterjack
30th May 2001, 06:56
Tom - you out there? It's really important mate... lol. A good night out is at stake with a stunning young lady :)

------------------

Hersham Boy
30th May 2001, 14:19
Hi Nats

Credit where credit's due, mate - you REALLY like to do you research before a date! ;)

I hope both the club (never 'eard of it, sorry) and young lady are perfection for your evening! :)

I think we could all learn a thing or to from your devotion to task... lol

Seat-of-the-Pants Hersh

------------------
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set and I think I need a Lear jet

Natterjack
1st Jun 2001, 21:55
Top words from da man :)

------------------

tom775257
3rd Jun 2001, 13:37
Alright!
Sorry, last two weeks I've had hardcore exams, so haven't been looking round here much.
>>With reference to my "pubs and clubs in MAN/BHX" thread which I posted a few weeks ago, do you think you could possibly try to answer the following questions?

>>1. Any idea how much a taxi from Symphony Hall to DNA would cost? How much does entry cost to DNA?
Symphony hall to DNA is nothing much, a quid or two, DNA is about 3 mins from Newstreet station. the taxi ranks are just slighly uphill on broadstreet from symphony hall (V. Obvious)
2. I've found some unoffical DNA sites, which have various photographs of the club. I'm amazed at how stylish it looks! Do you know the offical web addy?
Sorry...but, yeah it is a superb club, it has chill out areas, many bars, great dance floor, I've never had a bad night there.
>>3. Is the itinerary you suggested suitable for a Sat. night? Is Sat. a good day to visit? Yeah, it still stands, about the best value any day of the week, although weekdays are cheaper.
Sat will be expensive, unless you start off at a whetherspoons pub. Drinks on broadstreet can be a bit pricey at the weekend. However probably the best time to go if you haven't got NUS.
>>4. Do you know of any cheap but comfortable B&B's/hotels close to DNA?
Sorry, I don't. there is a nice hotel opposite symphony hall, but probably too expensive. I think it is a hyatt regency or something. I guess if you want nice and cheap, have a look for a travel lodge near centre of town.
Will mail you also to confirm you see this.
Best of look, I hope the ol' wine 'em dine 'em 69'em works for you too..

If you could e-mail me at [email protected] I would sincerely appreciate it. If I see you out, I'll buy you a beer for your efforts.

Cheers.

tom775257
3rd Jun 2001, 13:56
Just done some searching:
Saturday @ DNA: Party and dance anything gos.
5 b4 10pm, 6 b4 11pm, 7 after
9-3am
DNA is a wicked place, if you go there, you too can see where I have spent many a silly hour....for example as you go in there, there is a stage at the front of the main dance floor for the professional dancers to go....anyways I was pissed, and two girls managed to blag me to go up with them and dance on the stage infront of hundreds of people.. Sadly I can't dance well to save my life, so I obviously made a complete tit of myself, but hey, thats life...
I guess I have to grow up one day if I ever want to become a commercial pilot..

[This message has been edited by tom775257 (edited 03 June 2001).]

Natterjack
3rd Jun 2001, 14:48
Brilliant mate! Thanks a lot for your effort. If you're around on either July 27 or 28 I'll buy you a beer (or get 'er to pay for it) :) One question about Sat. nights. We will visit and stay in Weatherspoons for sometime, but are the drinks in the sports bar, aus theme bar, etc. less than 3.00?

I've found a reasonably cheap, centrally-located hotel, the Thistle Birmingham City, which is 33.00 each (twin-bedded room). This hotel is located in St. Chads, Queensway, which is apparently under 2 miles and about 3 minutes from John Bright Street/DNA.

Pubblin and clubbin in such a large city is a new experience for me, hence my endless planning.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Natterjack (edited 03 June 2001).]

tom775257
4th Jun 2001, 00:07
Hi there!
Most bars will have specials on certain bottles like Carlsberg, Red, VK etc, sometimes 1 each. Ask before you buy what is cheap, and then even in the more trendy bars i.e. not whetherspoons you will be able to get good value for money.
Other bars to consider on broadstreet are studibakers and key largo. Studibakers is cool, but expensive. Basically broadstreet is probably 150 meters long?? and all the bars are on one side, so it is quite easy place to explore....very important, dress smart, for a bloke that means leather shoes, non- denim jeans or smart chinos or something, shirt or smart top..otherwise you won't get in... Almost everywhere has a dress code on saturdays.
Sadly when you are in brum, I am in L.A. so no claiming of free beers; however I am doing a good job in killing my liver anyways, I had my last exam on saturday, so that was 2PM till 2:30am drinking, tonight is two bottles of wine, then voddy, and tommorow is meeting everyone in the guild at 11:00am, followed by all day drinking.
Quality!
Hope Brum is good for you too.
Take it easy,
Tom.

[This message has been edited by tom775257 (edited 03 June 2001).]

Natterjack
4th Jun 2001, 19:36
lol naturally I didn't plan the outing knowing full well you'll be away :) It's a shame though, as I would have brought you a beer to say thanks for helping so amazingly in my quest for a wicked itinerary.

------------------