PDA

View Full Version : Jaa Atpl

south coast
24th Dec 2003, 18:56
I would like some advice....

I have done the 14 atpl exams and the instrument rating to date, and I am going to do the cpl flight test soon, what my question is, how does one 'un-freeze' the atpl.

I believe it was just a case of reaching the hour requirements, which I have, but now I understand one must do an ATPL flight test in a 2 crew aircraft.

Is this correct, and if so, how does someone like myself who is employed outside the UK already do this without having a job with an airline in the UK.

Is it a case that I must rent a 2 crew aircraft myself and do the flight test.

Basically, is the only way to un-freeze the ATPL by having an airline job and doubling up the type rating with the ATPL flight test, or is there another way?

Many thanks...

FlyingForFun
24th Dec 2003, 19:11
Basically, is the only way to un-freeze the ATPL by having an airline job and doubling up the type rating with the ATPL flight test, or is there another way?Remember that one of the requirements for a JAR ATPL is 500 hours on a multi-crew aircraft. So realistically you will need to be employed by an airline first, even before you start thinking about any skills tests.

FFF
-------------

south coast
24th Dec 2003, 19:36
I understand that, but spoke to the caa and they recognise the Beech 1900 as a 2 crew aircraft for which i have over 500 hours on...so to my knowledge i meet all the requirements....

correct me if i am wrong....

RichardH
24th Dec 2003, 23:18
According to LASORs G1.1

The 500 multi-pilot operations must be on aircraft certificated in accordance with JAR/FAR-25 Transport Category or JAR/FAR-23 Commuter Category.

If your Beech 1900 fits into either category then I reckon your okay, but you should clarify this IN WRITING with our friends at the CAA.

Jelly Doughnut
28th Dec 2003, 05:49
hey South Coast check your email.

Long time since the 'friendly fire' incident with the locals in FNLU

;)

south coast
28th Dec 2003, 16:42
thanks for the email fellow luanda crime fighter...

so it would seem the only way to get the atp unfrozen is to get a job in europe....

anyway, i am still flying in algeria on the 1900's and seems that one of your luanda mates from finland will be helping us out up there for a while before joining mk in the new year.

otherwise, not too much happening this side.

are you in with the big easy now, thats what i heard, and what do you think my chances would be in getting in with them?

a friend of mine just got in with 'b'ryan air and he says the low cost airlines are not the greatest.

take it easy....