PDA

View Full Version : Loose of licence

learr
24th Dec 2003, 02:59
hi everybody,
i have a big problem and i was wondering if anyone can help me;
i just get a DC9 type rating and as you know the FAA gives you a temporary licence then after about 3months max they send you the permanent licence but for me the thing was different 3 months later and i never received anything so i called the FAA to ask them about the permanent and the answer was sorry we never received the papers from Alteon(exFSB) so i called Alteon and the answer was we send the papers but they got lost between the FAA at SEA and the FAA at OKL and right now i have no news from Alteon no news from the FAA, how can i fixed that problem cause i'm flying in Africa and they need the permanent licence for inssurance problems to let me fly.

Thanks, Learr

Speedbird48
24th Dec 2003, 19:14
This is not really too much of a problem and happens more often than you would like to think.
What has to be done is to do a reconstruction of your file. This starts with the examiner who signed your temporary certificate. His name and number are in the bottom RH corner.
He has to make another FAA form 8710 and re-submit it to Oke' City. He should also give you another temporary certificate. If you were in the US you could also get an Emergency Field Issuance of your temporary certificate but that does not appear possible for you.
Then the process will start all over, from the Oke' City folks, and within 120 days you should get your new shiny plastic certificate.
PM me if you need more.

weasil
27th Dec 2003, 12:28
Speedbird is correct. This happens regularly. Is there an FAA office anywhere near you in Africa?

The Examiner will probably have to mail you the 8710 for a signature & you will probably have to send a dollar to the FAA to apply for a replacement copy of your written test report. Get in touch with the examiner who did the flight. What ever happens you have to go through him/her.

learr
31st Dec 2003, 18:32
Thanks to all of you guys!!! Learr.

Happy new year!