View Full Version : All Change at EGCC for Eastern

one truevoice
24th Dec 2003, 02:22
If the rumours are true, Eastern will be changing their handling agent at MAN to Groundstar from late January 2004. This includes the introduction of a full ramp product by Groundstar.

rampman
24th Dec 2003, 05:16
looks like groundstar could be a threat to all at EGCC .. dose this mean they will do the ramp work on thomas cook LTE eurocypria and cyprus airways ??????????

one truevoice
24th Dec 2003, 07:34
Initially just Eastern as far as I know. But once they get that going right I imagine they will take all the contracted airlines fully in house.

As you say rampman a possible threat. They will certainly be more attractive to airlines now with a full range of services on offer.

one truevoice
28th Dec 2003, 17:21
JENKINS, I am fascinated to know why you think Eastern and Groundstar are more closely connected than appearence may suggest. Do you have evidence of this?

johnwalton
29th Dec 2003, 02:30
I don't see how, they used to be Northeast Aviation which was founded in 1983 by seven people. In November 1999, Northeast was sold to a management buy-out. Six of the business's founders took the opportunity to leave the business. At the time, the company was active at Heathrow, Manchester, and Newcastle.

I don't believe any of the founders or operators are related to Eastern officials in any way.... I could be wrong of course...

chiglet
29th Dec 2003, 02:49
Interesting,
Eastern codeshare with British Midland, [and in fact operate some of their routes].
So why change?
watpiktch

johnwalton
29th Dec 2003, 05:12
Didn't BD shun Eastern on the MAN-INV route? and don't they compete directly on ABD-NWI? maybe a bit of bad feeling?