PDA

View Full Version : AOL compatiability snags?

DuckDodgers
23rd Dec 2003, 23:50
Hey anyone know why AOL keeps freezing my computer making MSN messenger crash and generally immobilzing all other web based programmes? Several others have complained all of which use different op systems from Win 98 through XP.

Legal case available? After all i pay my money and have a system that AOL SAYS IS is fine?

Nice to know before i get a new notebook......

Cheers all

Wing Commander Fowler
23rd Dec 2003, 23:56
I dumped AOL within days of installing it eight years ago..... Hate it! I find it takes over too many settings on the computer and it gave me much trouble accessing Microsofts Game Zone. Get rid and the sooner word gets around the better!!!

Of course only my humble opinion .....

Naples Air Center, Inc.
24th Dec 2003, 00:13
DuckDodgers,

You ask any computer tech and they will give you an ear full about how much they hate AOL. AOL entrenches itself in an computer system and it is very difficult to completely get it out.

AOL works 100% in some computers, while the same program in another computer does nothing but lock it up.

Before you go out and get another notebook computer, it would be worth it to do a fresh install of your operating system, load the hardware drivers and then install AOL. (If you cannot live without it.)

That should solve your problem, and if it does not, then there is something else wrong with the computer.

Take Care,

Richard