PDA

View Full Version : Any Piston jobs around??Anything???

M.85
23rd Dec 2003, 20:07
Hi there,

Thought a JAA ATPL and a few thousand hours turbine would get me something...niet,nada,zero...
Anyone knows anything about a small charter or taxi looking for drivers????
Getting sick and tired of being stranded to earth..
Safe flying,

M.85

Turbo Rick
23rd Dec 2003, 20:26
If you have a 737 rating, first or second job on this site might suit...

Jobs (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/)

M.85
23rd Dec 2003, 20:40
thanks but i dont have 300 hours on type...ready to fly anything that flies here..

M.85

Wing Commander Fowler
23rd Dec 2003, 21:40
Premiair looking for BN2 jockey MAN based if you fancy flying the rozzers about fer a bit...... turn a blind eye if ya see me runnin away with a swag bag over me shoulder tho' will ya???

dorosenco
24th Dec 2003, 00:55
M85,

Your situation is worrying me. With your time and not being able to secure a job yet ? Do you think that the employers are looking at your US hours with a negative eye ?
I started looking for a job in the EU a few months ago and I'm in the situation where my mail box is filling up with letters of rejection. I assumed that it is normal since I just started looking for a job but after hearing your case I'm starting to worry. I only have 20 hours in the EU airspace and 1,100 in the US airspace.

The only positive answer, so far, is that I got through the initial selection with CTC ATP Scheme. Awaiting an interview date. You need to be willing to spend money on their AQC.
I feel bad for applying for the Scheme since it is mostly meant for "low hour" pilots and not "average hour" guys. I don't mean taking away an opportunity from a "low hour" guy ... but that's all I could get so far ...

Luke SkyToddler
24th Dec 2003, 02:13
What are you rated on M85 and what are your hours?

I know one outfit that is looking for a couple of turboprop captains ...

Turbo Rick
24th Dec 2003, 02:48
Luke, can you say who? Please private message me if you would prefer... thank you.

M.85
24th Dec 2003, 18:31
Hi there,

Wing commander,
I applied for that position and got an email saying i was not quite what they were loooking for(didnt send them a picture :p )but they would keep my cv and put me on the reserve list...whatever that means..
Dorosenco,
If i knew flying 19 seats turboprop single pilot in the US would ban me from flying in Europe..I would still have done it..it was a great time expect the usual wx and problems of small companies..
The letters i get are not rejections just that they keep my cv on file..i guess they wait to see if i get european time before they contact me ..dont know..
I would have applied to the ctc but the limit age is 26 and i passed that 2 years ago..
Luke,
Thankyou for your help,
I am rated on SA227 and Be1900 on my FAA ATPL not on the JAA one..thats the problem i think,,
But i would quite appreciate if youd forward me that info...could also send you a cv if you wish.

M.85

REvans
24th Dec 2003, 18:58
M.85,
Have you contacted Air Atlantique and/or thier sub companies? There are alot of turbo prop operations going on there, its worth a try!
Good Luck

M.85
24th Dec 2003, 19:07
yes i did...and waiting for an answer..i guess ill be stranded on earth during New Year...i hate that idea..
But thanks anyway...

M.85

clearfortheoption
24th Dec 2003, 22:43
Limit age for the CTC ATP scheme is 34 not 26...

dorosenco
25th Dec 2003, 04:48
M85,

The age limit for the CTC ATP Scheme is 34 ...

Pin Head
25th Dec 2003, 23:35
try an instructors rating mate. a bit of hardwork for a year will get you something. trust me it worked for my good self.

aztruck
26th Dec 2003, 20:10
Aurigny in Guernsey might be OK, or try the Isles of Scilly Skybus service. They normally have Summer vacancies for their Islanders, they also have a Twin Otter.
Eastern Airlines run Jetstreams, Emerald run??? at the moment, all change to ATP's I think, but they might be interested if you did a type rating at BAE.
Ditto Westair in Sweden who have ATP's and maybe some 748's left. Lots of turboprop stuff up Scandi way.
You could also try Corporate stuff, with your hours you might be able to get a bizjet job, which they will often type rate for.
You could think about offering yourself up as an MCC instructor, with your multicrew hours(at least 500 needed) you could do a "core" instructional course of a week and be flying a sim.
The key to getting a job is to impress with your willing and Professionalism, and especially with regard to Transport Jets, your Teamwork and precision.
Instructing MCC within a Trto is a pretty good way to meet prospective employers.

M.85
26th Dec 2003, 20:19
I have sent my CV to all of the above..Westair is planning to hire in the summer..
About the MCC instructor,I believe it to be a very good idea..I am in touch with someone at flight safety in Paris..but nothing for sure yet.

Thanks

M.85

M.85
29th Dec 2003, 20:48
Aztruc,

Do you know any airline which may be looking for MCC instructors?
I guess a search under TRTO would give me all the places that may be looking for some..?

M.85