PDA

View Full Version : BFS and FR

tallseabird
23rd Dec 2003, 16:00
I hear that relations have turned sour, so any chance of a start date in February can't be likely now?

ALLMCC
23rd Dec 2003, 16:48
And would anyone like to hazard a guess why relations have "turned sour"? - looks as if the "orange tails" are waving the BIG stick - after all they call all the shots at BFS, don't they?

kriskross
23rd Dec 2003, 20:43
There was an ex-Buzz 146 taking off on 25 about 2 hours ago.

eastern wiseguy
24th Dec 2003, 00:38
No info on FR...but the Buzz was in because it operated a Stansted flight from City of Derry(for RYR) and the fuel bowser up there was unserviceable so picked up gas at BFS.

Welcome back allmcc thought you were putting the finishing touches to my little runway quiz.....not that we have a little runway you understand:ok:

ALLMCC
24th Dec 2003, 16:43
Eastern, no but two big long bumpy ones - wonder who does the maintenance? - perhaps if they've any old spare tarmac lying about the DOE would do it on the cheap!

tallseabird
24th Dec 2003, 18:01
ALLMCC
Do you ever say anything nice about anything outside a 5 mile radius of BHD.

Why do we have to put up with your incessant rants, you are the one who talks about people posting negative comments :-

--

"Glynn, you've posted some particularly negative comments in your time but that one really excels! If you can' t post something positive then you'd be better not bothering at all!"

--

"I get out plenty believe me - the only place I never go near is - yes you're right BFS - lets face it, its difficult to find anything positive to say about what is probably the most boring excuse for an airport I have ever had the misfortune to visit - maybe if its illustrious owners were to put their hands in their pockets and build a new terminal building, demolish the current 40 year old antiquity instead of adding bits on here and there and resurface the runways, it might be just about presentable! As it is, it is a total embarassment and a sad first sight for visitors to N Ireland.

Funny how BHD's owners Ferrovial, who you have frequently mocked, are prepared to spend money where it is needed - but then maybe they have more than TBI!"

I do enjoy a bit of banter and your posts are quite enjoyable but I would like to see you 'lighten up' just a bit.
There is a place in this world for both BHD and BFS, neither is perfect but neither one is in a postion of superiority over the other. History has shown that a seemingly insignificant change can turn things around tremenduously, the biggest I can think of is EZY, and it is not all for the good but they have also been a catalyst that was required by the stagnant air transport situation that we have lived in for a long number of years, probably maintained by what were 2 BFS airlines (BA/BD) happy to maintain a certain status quo, there are now many more (more frequent) routes available to you and me.

More positive posts please, especially at this time of year

Merry Christmas all round (including BFS and BHD)

ALLMCC
24th Dec 2003, 20:59
Tallseabird, the final comments in your post were at least indicating an acceptance that both BFS & BHD can co-exist. As we reach the end of another fairly eventful year for both airports, I do feel we will see a lot of changes over the next 12 months.

BHD will almost certainly see a planning review and one can only hope that this does not simply give in to "concerned residents" without proper evaluation of the benefits that BHD brings. For my part I do think these "residents" are frequently wound up by local political representatives who are trying to convince their constituents that they actually do something now and again!

One can only hope common sense will prevail!

Compliments of the season***

eastern wiseguy
24th Dec 2003, 21:06
ALLMCC...I reckon you meant Tallseabird...however heres to a happy and prosperous and peaceful new year.Have a good one everybody:ok: