PDA

View Full Version : New easyJet routes?

willywick
22nd Dec 2003, 19:35
Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone knew what routes easyJet is planning to launch.

I've heard rumours about CPH-AGP and a further base in Dortmund and Malaga.

Cheers,
WW

Whippersnapper
22nd Dec 2003, 22:17
Doubt it! They have no-one for Berlin and there are rumours about them closing the Orly base as the staff are fed up with the UK contracts and UK pay scales in Paris. At the moment, they're so short of crew (and it isn't getting much better), the last thing they should be thinking of is more routes - indeed they announced the closure of the LGW-ZRH route "due to excessive landing charges at ZRH", ie. they haven't got anyone to fly the aircraft.

Powerjet1
22nd Dec 2003, 22:27
Read somewhere last week that easy had just been allocated about another 2500 slots at Orly, about enough for 3 return trips daily.

EKCH2730
23rd Dec 2003, 00:18
Lot of rumors going around here at Copenhagen about EasyJet!

EMA-CPH, LGW-CPH, LTN-CPH and AGP-CPH - they have the slots at CPH but will they use them...?

symphonyangel
23rd Dec 2003, 06:19
Would have thought LPL-CPH must be the most obvious UK point as the only low cost way of getting to Scandanavia is to drive to the south for the flight

Dan319
23rd Dec 2003, 06:30
Hopefully MLA included. Crying out for low cost airline. Joins EU 1st May 04.Air Malta fired first shot with fare4u to STN.
Malta airport talking to number of low cost airlines and expect services by summer 04.
Heard FR and EZY interested.:cool: ;)

Tom the Tenor
23rd Dec 2003, 15:49
Yet again a profitable service from LGW to Cork being overlooked?

Frankfurt_Cowboy
23rd Dec 2003, 16:42
Tom, will you give it a rest with the "What about a service from XXX to Cork". If you want air travel on demand go and live in Scotland.

Buster the Bear
23rd Dec 2003, 22:37
My insider info reckons a Spanish mainland and another German major conurbation base to be announced soon.

Tom the Tenor
24th Dec 2003, 01:06
XXX not found in IATA codes and as for routes from bonnie Scotland the oil and gas capitals of Aberdeen and Cork cries out for an air link! What about it Eastern Airways? :cool:

lowfaresbuster
24th Dec 2003, 01:37
easyJet would be going head to head with Sterling on CPH-AGP, and it's over 2.5 hours so a price war wouldn't make any of them money. Sterling won't pull out of this route too quickly either as they are contracted to tour operators for a number of these seats.

I agree with Tom the Tenor on ORK-LGW, but this would be a bit close to Mr. O'Leary's ORK-STN for easyjet, IMHO, loads of interline opportunities at LGW for ORK passengers for this route if it were to go ahead. Cork people sometimes have to travel to Dublin to get a flight to Gatwick to connect to flights to Africa etc, travel agents won't book a non-interlined ticket to LHR or STN, and ask the passenger to transfer themselves, so they send them to Dublin first- since BA pulled out of ORK LGW, it's been difficult to get cheap flights from Cork unless you manage the connections yourself- I suppose this is why openjet.com (the low fares transfer website) & jetmagic both evolved from Cork.

ABZ-ORK will never be an easyjet route - could be a nice premium business market for JetMagic (or as I here they are colloquially known in Cork- JetTragic & JetFragile)

transwede
24th Dec 2003, 02:13
New routes, come the Summer 04 schedules should be (?!)

NCL to PMI/ATH and extra CDG - aircraft number 5
NCL to VCE/GVA/MAD - aircraft number 6 :D

Apparantly easy's base at NCL is to increase dramatically this year as the deal was 10 aircraft within a certain period of time and the routes are doing very very well! :ok:

But how is the CPH service doing and how will SXF fair? These routes seem a strange choice for a regional base?

Mouser
24th Dec 2003, 03:19
Liverpool will receive a/c number 8 , which will start the Berlin route in May and a good bet is Prague for a new route, with perhaps an extra Madrid.

willywick
24th Dec 2003, 07:59
Just heard that Orly-Perpignan is being considered with extra flights to Nice.

Anybody have an idea what routes easyJet may launch if they effectively set up bases in Malaga and/or Dortmund?

Cheers,
WW

eurostar builder
24th Dec 2003, 15:55
re Anybody have an idea what routes easyJet may launch if they effectively set up bases in Malaga and/or Dortmund?

Malaga to Bournemouth .

Lite
24th Dec 2003, 22:48
Rumour has it aircraft number five to arrive in East Midlands next summer alongside new routes to; Palma, Madrid and Rome.

Buster the Bear
24th Dec 2003, 23:32
WW you seem to be correct, therefore Dortmund-Luton seems certain?

richardnei
25th Dec 2003, 01:29
What about new EJ routes from BFS to continental Europe?

Too Low Terrain
31st Dec 2003, 06:17
Dortmund a new base ? Never heard of before.

I think Cologne CGN was considered ?

Any news/rumours about this matter ?

omoko joe
31st Dec 2003, 07:17
I heard that Dortmund was a runner back in November. Came from a 'reliable' source.

earswentpop
31st Dec 2003, 22:26
Anyone know of any low cost/cheapo options to Paphos or Larnaca - existing or planned? Thanks.

LTNman
31st Dec 2003, 22:35
http://www.helios-airways.com/

earswentpop
31st Dec 2003, 23:07
Thanks LTNman.

Anyone know any plans for Brit cheapos to start routes to Cyprus after they join the EU in 2004?