PDA

View Full Version : Pig and Pussy Hunt

Heliport
22nd Dec 2003, 18:51
We need some Oz input here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112736)

Northern Chique
22nd Dec 2003, 19:29
well, I support it!!!!!! any wide cat or boar just doesnt have a place up here....

one thing I did not see in all the other posts relating to the topic was the fact that it is a dry run until such time as the presentation....

no drink driving either...

all animals are killed in as humane way as possible, multiple shots discouraged and seen as bad sportmaship and so on..

the shoot is very heavily controlled and a great time had by all

helo's - well, that could be up for debate, but some great flying to be had here anyway

OZBUSDRIVER
22nd Dec 2003, 19:42
It is no use trying to explain it to them:(

cunningham
23rd Dec 2003, 07:10
$700 !! How much do I get if I shoot the redneck who owns the caravan park.

ISHIHARA
23rd Dec 2003, 08:50
BLOODY MARVELLOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
ABOUT TIME, I'M FOR IT.................

Northern Chique your enthusiasm does it for me.
I have a mental picture of you as one of those "chicks with guns"

I'll put a gattling gun out the rear door of the Chieftain.
As for the animal lovers, well they are feral after all.
Some Northern Sydney types with no idea of out bush.

All the best

karrank
24th Dec 2003, 05:18
Feral pussy cats, puppy dogs, goats, horses, buffalo, rabbits, cane toads, foxes, camels and even sparrows. ALL of them hurt the environment, threaten the animals that should be out there, and should be terminated.

Good on 'em for organising something.

Wonder if anyone will bag a camel?

Winstun
24th Dec 2003, 05:39
Feral pussy cats, puppy dogs, goats, horses, buffalo, rabbits, cane toads, foxes, camels and even sparrows. ALL of them hurt the environment, threaten the animals that should be out there, and should be terminated. ......:rolleyes: oh my friggin gawd...nothing quite as nauseating than some simple, rural rednecks pretending they are doing something worthwhile..:hmm: If these "introduced monkeys" are concerned about the environment, too late ....your parents have raped this continent to near unreversed obliteration.:zzz:

Travelling Toolbox
24th Dec 2003, 07:22
karrank Maaaate!

You omitted one very annoying vermon from your list......winstun :ok:

Especially when he inlflicts his appalling grasp of the Mother tongue on us. "Unreversed" - REALLY!!

Winstun, don't you think perhaps you meant to dribble something defined as "that which can not be reversed"

Look it up fool! irreversible

BTW Merry Christmas :D

the wizard of auz
24th Dec 2003, 08:03
I whacked a big moggy out the Nullabour the other day with a .222. very satifying 300 mtr eye shot. Damn thing was as big as a small dog. I would hate to picture how many birds and lizards this thing consumed in a year.
I spend extreemly large amounts of time in very sparsly populated areas, and whack cats and foxes on sight........ you would be suprised how many there are out there.

Winstun.......Piss off you goose!. :*

OzExpat
24th Dec 2003, 08:36
Top shot at that range wiz and a really humane kill. But are ya sure it wasn't somethin bigger, like a wombat? :p

the wizard of auz
24th Dec 2003, 09:05
Funny you should say that Ozex, it was sitting on top of a wombat warren when I shot it. I would suggest it had just come from down the hole looking to kill a little un........... as they do.

tinpis
24th Dec 2003, 09:25
:p

Ahhhh..Pine Creek a bloody fine town.

Just the other week a punter rode his horse into the Lazy Lizard bar wanting to belt everyone after he'd been ejected.
Might just mosey down if the roads not flooded.

Pharcarnell
24th Dec 2003, 09:29
.222@300Mts? Man you must be running a hot load!

the wizard of auz
24th Dec 2003, 11:31
yup, they are a tad warm. only running 50grn slug though. twas a still afternoon and the light was purrrrfect.......... if your a shooter you will know what I mean when I say it was one of those great shots where everything felt right and it happened.
(I did do it for a living once and am fairly practiced ;) )

OZBUSDRIVER
24th Dec 2003, 11:48
WIZ you should try a '250 mate. A head shot like that would reward you with a red halo, (inch high at 100 zero at 300.) Outstanding shot, I dare say as good as you fly ."A steady hand and a keen eye"

(OK OK I'll put it back.. DA mate.sorry about the hate mail:})

the wizard of auz
24th Dec 2003, 12:46
It was an outstanding shot, but I recieved the pleasure from the shot happening the way it did, not by the killing of the cat. (sort of like a hole in one at the golf course).

I find the 250 a bit loud meself. If I have to pull a long shot I use the 300winmag, otherwise the triple works a treat.

OZBUSDRIVER
25th Dec 2003, 06:27
OK OK I admit that was a little sickening DA:} Please consider the ref to your flying removed Wiz......But it still sounds like a top shot

OpsNormal
25th Dec 2003, 10:04
Direct Anywhere, just a question mate.... do you, or have you live/d out here?

No?

Then don't judge me, my friends or what I do as a past time, and instead stick to your stamp collection or whatever does it for you.

There is no denying the fact that introduced species such as introduced by some of our earlier inhabitants of this country (and if the truth be known, they are probably more closer related to inhabitants of other countries rather than the melting pot that makes up this country nowadays), have almost denuded this country of many native marsupials and other fauna. I have seen mice denude a wheat farm in a matter of less than a week, feral cats that weigh more than twenty kg, dogs that stalk and attack sheep and lambs, and shot dead a pig that had caught a friend of mine and had him against a tree after we unfortunately disturbed the animal in the middle of the day.

Wiz, if the two-fifty is a bit loud for ya, then the Win 270 might be a tad un-nerving for ya, ya fragile old scrote..... :)

Top shot though, the last cat I ever "ended" was unlucky enough to be waving his tail/but at me near one of the gates on CSP.... ole 270 + 100 foot shot = cat.... what cat? :}

Will get off me bum and email ya about that shindig soon Wiz, haven't had two seconds to scratch meself in the last month or so. (I also owe quite a few others emails as well, I must change that).

the wizard of auz
25th Dec 2003, 22:49
Opsmate,
I'll be waiting for the email............. need a shindig, aint had one for a while.
I'll bring the 300win mag with me and we'll see who's an old scrote.
Hows that bald spot going old son??? :}

OZBUSDRIVER, maaaaate, I do fly like a sky god, so don't feel to bad about the comment. ( I have water proof pockets for just an occasion ) ;) :}

Kiwi Flyer
26th Dec 2003, 20:39
Now if ya wanna really upset the bunny huggers, Africa is the place! Big guns, and even bigger animals!:E

Try a .500 Nitro Express Double at a 5 ton charging Elephant. Bloody Spectacular stuff. And if that gets boring, well theres always cats (Big Ones, not moggy's!) and Buffalo, Antelope by there millions! and so on and so on....

Good stuff! Going home and culling Bunnies and Possums with a .22 will never be the same again!:}

ISHIHARA
27th Dec 2003, 07:22
Yes here here , must agree with Ops.

Like your stuff mate keep it up, the more cats killed the better.

By the way, on the domestic cat front, is it true that Panadol mixed in with cat food creates a cat poison?
Anyone with good home recepies for cat posion let me know.

Ta

Northern Chique
28th Dec 2003, 00:03
Aspirin, not panadol has a much quicker effect, but bith really quite cruel. The asprin effect being generally somewhat more obvious... it interfears with one of the clotting agents in the blood and anything but a reasonably mature human will have terrible effects from it. The animal usually bleeds into the cranial cavity after a fluid build up intially.

The other I have seen used in baiting clever animals was crushed glass and ratsack. (a pet dog was brought into a friends vet surgery after eating a peice of meat laced with the mix). The animal subsequntly died a horendous and very messy death.

We often did post's on farm animals poisoned with strycnine, arsenic, ratsack (warfarin), crushed glass, lead poisoning from lodged shotgun and slug gun pellets and various others methids of dispatching dogs, cats, foxes, birds etc.

I dont mind culling feral animals at all, in fact our fragile land needs all the help it can get, but the horrible deaths to which the human race subjects to elements of the animal kindom to are purely criminal at times.

The pig and pussy shoot is a greast way of controlling two majors ferals in the area and the animals are disapatched quickly.

leftfrontside
29th Dec 2003, 10:45
Top shot Wiz, it's kinda satisfying when you pull one off like that, still I prefer the .250 over the .222 noise and all.

.250's not much good for rabbits unless your after a damaged pelt, a bunnie shot up the arse at 250m with a .250 only seems to leave a pair of ears laying around for some reason, then at 3800fps - well :}

Still a .357 stuck down a pigs earhole as your pass on the the XR500 is the stuff - takes out the margin for error and elimates the long shot. :E

I'd give my left tit to be at that P & P hunt. :ok:

the wizard of auz
29th Dec 2003, 20:33
bwahahahaha. I love being a red neck. :}
I have to admit, I did post a reply after taking it out of context myself............. then withdrew it after the penny dropped a second or so after I hit the post button. :ugh:
But, after all, I am only a redneck. :E ;)

DirectAnywhere
30th Dec 2003, 02:55
Aren't we all deep down?;)

tinpis
30th Dec 2003, 05:27
:}

You're A Redneck When...

You take your dog for a walk, and you both use the same tree.

You can entertain yourself for more than an hour with a fly swatter.

Your property has been mistaken for a recycling center.

Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.

You burn your yard rather than mow it.

You think the Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.

The Salvation Army declines your mattress.

Your entire family sat around waiting for a call from the governor to spare a loved one.

You offer to give someone the shirt off your back, and they don't want it.

You have the local taxidermist on speed dial.

You come back from the dump with more than you took.

You keep a can of Raid on the kitchen table.

Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

Your grandmother has "Ammo" on her Christmas list.

You've been kicked out of the zoo for heckling the monkeys.

You think a subdivision is part of a math problem.

You've bathed with flea and tick soap.

You've been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.

Your kids take a siphon hose to show and tell.

You think a hot tub is a stolen indoor plumbing fixture.

You took a fishing pole to Sea World.

You go to the stock car races and don't need a program.

You know how many bales of hay your car will hold.

You have a rag for a gas cap.

Your father executes the "Pull my finger" trick during Christmas

dinner.

Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.

You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean.

You can spit without opening your mouth.

You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.

Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.

You sit on your roof at Christmas time hoping to fill your deer quota.

Your working TV sits on top of your non-working TV.

You thought the Unibomber was a wrestler.

You've used your ironing board as a buffet table.

You think a quarter horse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Your neighbors think you're a detective because a cop always brings you home.

A tornado hits your neighborhood and does a $100,000 worth of improvement.

You've used a toilet brush as a back scratcher.

You've asked the preacher, "How's it hangin'?"

You think fast food is hitting a deer at 65 mph.

Somebody tells you that you've got something in your teeth and you take them out to see what it is.

You've spray painted your girlfriend's name on an overpass.

You consider a six-pack and a bug zapper quality entertainment.

When someone asks to see your I.D. you show your belt buckle.

Your Junior and Senior Proms had a day care.

Your mother doesn't remove the Marlboro Light from her lips before telling the Cops to kiss her a**.
You've used lard in bed.

The primary color of your car is "Bondo."

The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road."

Your dog and your wallet are both on chains.

Your kids are going hungry tonight because you just had to have those Yosemite Sam mud flaps.

You owe the taxidermist more than your annual income.

You have lost at least one tooth opening a beer bottle.

Jack Daniel makes your list of "most admired Americans."

Your wife's hairdo has been ruined by a ceiling fan.

You see no need for a rest stop because there's an empty milk jug in the car.

Your dog can't watch you eat without gagging.

You have a Hefty bag on the passenger side front window of your car.

You barbecue Spam.

Your brother-in-law is also your uncle.

Red Man Tobacco sends you a Christmas card.

You bought a VCR so you could tape wrestling while you were at work.

Your dad walks you to school because you're both in the same grade.

Your wife has a beer belly and you find it attractive.

You view the upcoming family reunion as a chance to meet girls.

You prominently display the souvenir you got at Graceland.

When your front porch collapses, three or more dogs die.

You've signed a petition to change the national anthem to "Nothing Could Be Finer Than to Be in Carolina."

You call the boss "Dude."

You think "Volvo" is part of a woman's anatomy.

You consider your license plate personalized because your father made it.

You've been fired from a construction job because of your appearance.

Your father encouraged you to quit school because Larry had an opening on the lube rack.

You need an estimate from the barber before you get a haircut.

After making love you ask your date to roll down the window.

You pass out Styrofoam cups at your wedding reception for people to spit in.

tinpis
30th Dec 2003, 07:49
Oh..BTW this morning some nice piccies in the NT NoNews of pigs to 108kg class shot at the pig 'n pussy.

No pussy yet tho , but quite few cane toads.:p

Hmmm... back in the olden days in PNG cane toads were spectacular when clobbered with .45ACP .:}

the wizard of auz
30th Dec 2003, 08:09
I remember quite a few years ago in a pub in QLD (either torrens creek or Mengala) there was an air rifle and a golf club made available for the public to persue their hobbies involving cane toads. :}
some very speccy shots pulled of with bleary eyes I seem to remember. :D
Oh dear, I do seem to have quite a few similarities to those listed :E

Northern Chique
31st Dec 2003, 19:07
hey at least the news didnt have a croc on the front cover.... oops sorry.. it did, under the piggy and barra bit!!!!!

Looked like a hell of a haul to make a decent hungi with too :D

On the subject of toads, the new driving range will have great night entertainment hitting the targets with toads! :E cheaper than golf balls anyway and they make such a great noise when they hit!

OZBUSDRIVER
1st Jan 2004, 08:42
A 6 iron is normally the best selection for obstacle clearance and range.Address your toad and remember to tap them on the head so they sit up. A final note, face first:E

Regards

Mark

Ascend Charlie
1st Jan 2004, 14:47
I have found that anything more than a 4-iron cuts them in half, with resultant mess.

Preferred a 1-wood meself, and the technical term for the game is "GORF", which is a frog looking the other way...

Barbers Pole
4th Jan 2004, 11:04
Nothing like getting onto a mob of pigs with the ole .270
:ok: