View Full Version : DUO Airways - Current Status and Good Place to Work?

LVL CHG
22nd Dec 2003, 11:33
DUO Airways has been operating without BA affiliation for many months now. Anyone know how well DUO is doing - is it profitable?

I have seen its website and know that pilot hiring is not happening at the moment. Is it a good place to work? Is it true that a lot of former Flybe CRJ pilots jumped over to DUO once Flybe stopped CRJ service?

Jellyman
23rd Dec 2003, 21:01
So is there anyone at Duo who could enlighten us...? Any plans for recruitment anytime soon? How's it been going since the launch?

Turbo Rick
24th Dec 2003, 01:43
Any plans for recruitment anytime soon?

Sorry Jellyman, there is a course running next month and thats all the recruitment for the time being. Seems the future is bright at Duo, and it is certainly not Orange... :yuk:

LVL CHG
24th Dec 2003, 04:18
Will the new class support any new expansion (beyond initial EDI destinations)? How about any new CR7s?

Also, what's it like to work there? Are non-typed pilots being interviewed too (I don't have a CRJ type)?

Fly747
31st Dec 2003, 17:52
Good choice of name. Duo is a brand of Dutch extra strong condoms for homosexuals. Wonder how much they paid for the name research.

jarjam
31st Dec 2003, 20:34
Duo is also the brand name for a female leakeage device (sanitary towel) and yes you guessed it, it does have wings aswell:O

P.S. I'd still work for them if they were called tampon airways :oh:

Midland Maniac
3rd Jan 2004, 17:32
on a serious note.......

I have a few friends who work for duo on the crj 200 / 700 and they say that the company has been given 1 year to settle before the company needs to makes serious money. I have heard that since the BA fanchise was terminated, the passenger numbers have been quite low........but what do you expect with an advertising campaign that they are using..... I mean 'when was the last time you fed the ducks?'

From what I can understand they are only recruiting type rated guys at the moment. They took a lot of guys from Flybe when the CRJ was sold, so I think that they are ok for pilots at the moment.

Lets see what the next 12 months brings for them.

Speedmaster
3rd Jan 2004, 17:47
I have seen the passengers embark/disembark at EDI and the flights are by no means full and have seen a few (OSL) with only a couple of people on them.
The aircraft look really good and nice routes, just a shame the prices are so high or else I would have used them a few times already.

I think we would all agree it is nice to see a new outfit so fingers crossed for them and best wishes for a prosperous year ahead (and maybe some sort of "sale" of seats soon )

LVL CHG
18th Jan 2004, 08:19
Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed - I hope DUO does very well. Any DUO pilots out there who can talk about the conditions, routes, and flying the CR7? Any actual DUO pilots out there who can comment on your experience at DUO?

Cheers