PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand turbine operators ?

Willie Nelson
21st Dec 2003, 08:45
Can anyone help me with NZ turbine operators. I have had a look at the authority website, however it does not appear to show AOC's nor a/c types.

I am aware of Air Nelson and Origin Pacific. Any others that would be a good prospective employer would be appreciated. I suspect that I meet most of their minimums unless they already need turbine time or endorsements.

Willie

flyby_kiwi
21st Dec 2003, 11:04
Check the CAA website under 'aircraft' then go to 'model statistics'.

There are quite a few turbine operators depending on what you were looking at. As well as the ones you have mentioned there is Mt Cook, Eagle, Air Frieght NZ, Air Chatams, Air Work, Air National not to mention the GA operators running Nomads etc, and various other outfits such as Ag. operators etc.

Most dont seem to need turbine time just multi time and with some Air Transport time also.

Willie Nelson
23rd Dec 2003, 13:01
Thank You kindly flyby,

I shall do as you suggest,

Willie

28th Dec 2003, 11:02
1000 tt and 200 multi should see you into Airwork or Air Chats. I hear Airwork is short of crew and they will be running a ground course in Feb.

You will have to pay for your type rating (around NZ$10,000) but they pay the best out of all the turbine operators because the work is odd hours and long duty times .... up to 16 hours from what I hear.

Capt 65k Co Pilot 40k

:sad:

DeltaT
29th Dec 2003, 00:33
If you do the ground course only, do you stand a chance with them, or is that just pissing in the wind, so to speak ?

29th Dec 2003, 13:34
As far as i'm aware you have no chance unless you do the ground course with them.

Most people just do the ground course only and complete the type rating if they are offered employment, which, if you "love flying" and "When asked to jump say how high". will come.

Willie Nelson
29th Dec 2003, 19:04
I'll look into that, although I suspect that if the need crew for Feb they will have all of their ducks in a row by now, will try anyway, Ta.

Willie

btr_nz
30th Dec 2003, 09:46
gidday willie,

i hear there is a great parachute operator in rotorua that has a turbine..not sure about the pay though??

cheers ..

DeltaT
31st Dec 2003, 12:06
ahh, so you CAN get the offer with the ground course only?!
Wasn't too sure on that, thought it was guys you had spent the 11k only.
WR is hard to contact, never answers emails, too busy for phone or in person visit.

nike
1st Jan 2004, 14:20
meant to be plenty of movement within Air Nelson & Eagle this year, and its free.

splatgothebugs
1st Jan 2004, 16:22
Keep the updates flowing into NSN and EAG because it looks like it is going to be a busy year on the hiring scene:)

Good luck to you all:ok: