PDA

View Full Version : Cpl Irex Atpl Exams

halfmoon
21st Dec 2003, 07:39
I've started studying for the CPL Air Law, IREX and ATPL Air Law exams (for license conversion) just wondering how difficult these exams are?
I heard the IREX is the toughest exam out there, is that true?
I have the Trevor Thom books, what else do you recommend?

thanks

ROB-x38
21st Dec 2003, 09:17
Of those i've only done CPL air law which was reasonably straight forward. The key is just to know where to find everything in your docs - and for a question which you have no idea about, know what you'd look under in the index.

The biggest hurdle for CPL air law is getting your head around those crazy crew duty time limitations. I flew four hours yesterday between the hours of 1500 and 1900, followed by a 15 minute powernap, after which I mowed the lawns at the flight school...........argghhh :ooh:

Di_Vosh
22nd Dec 2003, 14:42
Bob Tait does a very good IREX book. His CPL Law was pretty good, too. I self-studied both, and passed both first time.

IREX was almost as hard as all seven CPL exams put together. (Ensure all your DAP's are up to date). There are books and CD's containing nothing but practice exams, which are very useful.

Hope that helps.

DIVOSH!

DirectAnywhere
22nd Dec 2003, 17:31
Half moon - IREX isn't too bad if - like any exam - you know your stuff.

The big thing I would imagine for you would be working out what is different to what's at home.

For example, a sector entry is a sector entry anywhere in the world but the Aus Alternate requirements are different to those anywhere else I know of - expecially the application of buffer periods. OZ is also the only place in the world I know of where a METAR/TTF is valid for three hours.

Try and find the differences and make sure you know where to find them. For the exam you don't have to know them - only where to find them!!;)

Would also recommend the Chris Henry book if it's still out there for IREX. Excellent sample exams with good practical basis.

MAX
28th Nov 2004, 18:06
Apoligies for bouncing this one up. I need to do the Oz CPL and ATPL Air Law exams and also the IREX for converting to an Oz ATPL. Can anyone recommend a school offering good correspondence course for these?

Thanks.

MAX:cool: