View Full Version : Successful or Unsuccessful - that is the question!

craic1510
21st Dec 2003, 03:27
Hiya everyone

Well I want to ask you all a quick question in regards to Emirates. I went for a final interview back on 5th November in London. I was really confident when I came out but after 6 weeks I still haven't been told whether I am successful or unsuccessful.

I know 3 girls who went to the same interview as me. 2 were told they got through 3 weeks after the interview, another girl emailed them last week begging for an answer - and she got one straight away - successful. I on the other hand have rung Dubai and eailed numerous people - and no one can tell me anything. They keep saying ring back tomorrow or try this person...

I am a patient person and it may not be a bad thing that I don't yet know, but it is disheartening. I just want to know - especially at Christmas. I have enough stress as it is.

So to anyone that has been through the process - how long did it take to get an answer? Is there anyone in particular I can email or contact? And is it a bad thing that I don't yet know?

I sent in my paperwork the day after the interview, 2 weeks before the girls that found out first - so what on earth has happened to my application? I don't want to keep annoying them - but I don't think it is fair that I am the only one out of 7 that does not know the outcome.

I was chosen out of 70 people which was amazing and I would hope that if I was the wrong person for the job - they wouldn't have gone through all the effort to give me a final interview in the first place.

Craic1510 :ugh:

AIRWAY
21st Dec 2003, 03:33
Hello Craic1510

Enjoying the Uk? Hows flying?

especially at Christmas

Well maybe Santa will give you the present that you are wishing for... Have faith :ok:

craic1510
21st Dec 2003, 03:37
Flying is fantastic thanks. Wouldn't it be a truely magical christmas if I got it? I am trying to have faith. I have done well so far to keep my head up. Whats a while longer hey?

craic1510

p.s. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

AIRWAY
21st Dec 2003, 03:45
Very True:ok:

At least your flying and gaining experience every day (doing what you like, even though it might not be your first choice carrier), and that will help you in future.

The point is never to quite, if your unsucessful this time, there is always other opportunities... Just donīt let it get you down.

Hey itīs going to snow ( so i hope )

:}

Airway

Merry Xmas Ho Ho Ho :O

onlyemirates
21st Dec 2003, 20:16
yes sounds like u got through, guys take more time, dont worry, but do call again

craic1510
22nd Dec 2003, 01:58
Well bad news...I called again and didn't get through. Not the news I wanted but hey. I have a great job though and i feel as though there is a reason for everything. I will try again in a year and have experience behind me. I am gutted though. It would have been nice. And it kills me to know the others were successful, and I was the only one that wasn't. Gets ya thinking as to what is wrong with you :)

Never mind. It was worth another shot. I will just keep trying until I get in.

craic2000

p.s. I am female onlyemirates :)

Flying_Sarah747
22nd Dec 2003, 23:14
Hey Craic,

Don't EVER think there's anything wrong with you girl!!!! Nobody really knows how airline interviews work, and hey, look at you and what you've already achieved!!!! You've just passed training with another airline, and you're officially cabin crew!!! You've done great to get where you are, so don't ever think there's anything wrong with you! :)

P.S. How are you settling in? Hope everything's good for you over there, and don't worry, I'll be in your boat soon too!! I'm so scared!!! :yuk: hahaha, but excited too!!

Keep your head up and enjoy flying! :ok:

AIRWAY
22nd Dec 2003, 23:40
Craic,

Listen to Sarah, shes right!!!!

And remember this is aviation, very competitive, success to some unsuccessful for others, you just have to keep trying.

Anyway you already proven there is nothing wrong with you, by being accepted onto another Airline, ok it's not Emirates, but hey your still flying... :}

All the best and Cya in the Skies.

Merry Xmas

JP
:cool:

PS - Sarah747, don't forget your scarf and gloves... It's freeeeezing :sad:

Flying_Sarah747
23rd Dec 2003, 21:23
Oh great! If Londoners are telling me it's cold, it really must be cold!!!!!! I'm lapping up my 38 degree days, getting a tan so I can look nice in my swim suit at training! hehehe...Only kidding. :P

I've got a whole bag full of thermal wear...I'm ready for ANY weather!!! Do you reckon it will snow??? I've never seen snow before!!!! :}

AIRWAY
23rd Dec 2003, 21:49
Hi Sarah747 yes work on your tan, but remember it wont last long here in London, that's what happens to me everytime i go on holiday although im naturaly tanned, so i only need top ups once in awhile ( Being Portuguese ).

But if you want to see snow then your coming to the right side of the world. You can see snow around Europe.

Have a nice trip back to the Uk and who knows maybe i'll see you one of these days in BA's Compass Centre for a coffee.
:ok:

ayomide
24th Dec 2003, 02:37
craic1510

The waiting was dreadful, wasn't it? I had my interview with EK about two years ago and didn't hear anything from them for many weeks. I managed to get into another airline in the Middle East who replied much quicker.

During my training with them, EK told me I hadn't got through with them so I wasn't that disappointed, but it took them a long time and I had given up my hopes on them a long time ago. At least I was about to become cabin crew and my dream had come true! :p

Good luck next year!