PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer (?) Issue

Captain Over
20th Dec 2003, 17:04
When I click on a link that spawns a new Internet Explorer window, it opens smaller than a pixel. Seriously. When I select "maximize" it opens fine. I have tried the recommended trick of closing IE after manually resizing it (manually dragging the window to max size; closing via File | Close), etc etc...nothing works. This one is driving me batty.

Second (maybe related?) issue: when a Java pop-up (which I allow on certain sites, thanks Pop-Up Stopper Pro...!) the window opens 90% off the screen. I faithfully drag it back to see it, and close it (I think) correctly, yet the next time I go to that site, the same thing happens! (This is from a radio station's streaming website that spawns a new window for the audio select panel.)

All cookies cleaned out as well as temp Internet files (thanks, AdSubtract Pro), all updates and patches applied, updated and running the latest bells and whistles, hardware and software-wise. Running XP Home Edition.

I'm stumped. Any helpers care to toss in their 2 cents worth? With great thanks in advance...

C.O.

PS Wishing to STAY with I.E. (unfortunately). This is an error that has a fix, somewhere.

BRL
20th Dec 2003, 18:20
Try Opera. Its pretty cool and new windows open up in the browser but with a tab at the top with the name of the site on it. You just simply click between tabs to look at whatever page. Go and have a look at their site and download it, its not bad at all.