PDA

View Full Version : Dick Smith's Citation

Sperm Bank
20th Dec 2003, 04:54
Can anyone please tell me the rego of Mr Smith's a/c? Also the rego of Mike Smith's a/c.

I just want to know when I am sharing airspace with 2 blokes I really admire and appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

AD/DUNNY/01
20th Dec 2003, 07:40
Dick Smith's A/C are: Rotary Jetranger - VH BIK, A109e?? DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) I know he has another one or two fixed wing vintage thing's but Citation is definately VH MGC.

Sorry, add to that Campervan I think VH SHW??

olderbutyzer
20th Dec 2003, 08:22
I just want to know when I am sharing airspace with 2 blokes I really admire and appreciate.

That WAS a joke, right? Please tell me it was? It wasn't? :yuk: :{

Sperm Bank
20th Dec 2003, 08:50
Older, I was nearly invoking my upchuck reflex as I scribed the original post. Alas yes, it was in jest. I have no respect for individuals who without qualification or consultation change my working environment descending it into a veritable farce.

Ad, thanks for that.

Macrohard
20th Dec 2003, 14:02
You'll never know when you are sharing the same airspace ..... they won't be transmitting, only monitoring an "appropriate" frequency .... :bored:

ozm8
20th Dec 2003, 20:00
Unless you get close enough to read the rego off the tail... :eek:

Oz Mate!

The Enema Bandit
21st Dec 2003, 11:17
I was looking at a Dick Smith Electronics brochure the other day and wondered why anyone would put a picture of their head after the word Dick.

hoss
22nd Dec 2003, 04:46
G'day Sperm Bank,

Inorder to minimise the risk avoid Canberra:ok: .

Next time you approach Canberra from the North have a look for Dick's strip. It's about 350 at about 15-20nm a North/South sealed runway with what looks like a cross grass strip at the southern end and a hangar complex at the northern end. A treeline on the western edge is a real giveaway as well as the road that leads up there from the south, look for the 'dogleg'. Admittedly could be a bit tight in a B737 but you want to avoid it anyway.

Merry Christmas, hoss:)

Hugh Jarse
22nd Dec 2003, 15:59
It's at Gundaroo, Hoss. There used to be a good pub there, but that was a while ago.

DSE had a touch footy team called The Dick Heads long before the matches were named. Tee shirts and all with the logo that TEB mentioned:}

dodgybrothers
23rd Dec 2003, 15:45
I remember a few years ago at a certain recorded CTAF, every aircraft inbound for a week or two used the callsign 'MCG' and ran up poor old dickie's landing fees quite considerably.

Had a great chuckle about it it was was a bit scary when 4 or 5 210s were in the circuit pretending they were all citations though.

Bet he never paid....