PDA

View Full Version : S'not fair, sob.sob!

Tartan Gannet
22nd May 2001, 10:07
This must be the most boring, tedious and to many annoying, over-extended General Election Campaign of all time. Im sure that many will be so bored that they wont vote on 7th June.

Anyway, poor New Labour are bleating that the media have "set them up" engineering confrontations with hostile ordinary electors rather than the beautifuly orchestrated "Kim Il Sung" love fests with happy voters that Our Tony and his minions so love.

What think you folks? As this campaign "slouches towards June 7th to be born" please post your examples of politicians of any party bleating that "Its not fair" and crying for "mummy" when the going gets tough at the hands of the media or the electorate.

Send Clowns
22nd May 2001, 13:01
Not letting Princess Tony's sister-in-law into a press-opportunity hospital is one. Her crime? Instead of pay 9000 for a place following the Labour campaign, Channel 5 had hired her and co-presenter a limo, they drank copious champagne and smoked fine cigars and it was still half the price of places on the 'battle bus'.

When New Labour press officers would not let them follow the press into the photoshoot (remember they were genuine journalists for Ch 5) Lauren Booth's colleague offered them 600 cash :)! Wouldn't you have loved to see their faces!

I think that (regardless if other parties do it too, I don't know) this is a terrible way of funding parties. The press should pay expenses only for these schemes (or, more reasonably, independently follow, so they are not controlled by the part machine).

------------------
'Me here at last on the ground, you in mid air'

Velvet
22nd May 2001, 13:46
Just goes to show, the old saying is right

'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you' :) :)

However, on a lighter note - this man has ocb beat into a cocked hat.
From the BBC website
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> Peter David, a lay preacher from Skewen in South Wales doesn't believe in politicians or governments. He refuses to pay any taxes or bills because, he claims, God has granted him exemption.

The former office manager was stopped by police for allegedly driving his car without insurance, MOT or road tax. He was also charged with owning an unlicensed number plate which spelt DEUT 818, a reference to an Old testament Book. He has since changed the plate to JOHN 316 which refers to a biblical passage that those who follow God will come to no harm. </font>

And I loved the cartoon they did today -

A woman is asking a man what he thinks of Asylum Seekers for an opinion poll. His response

'Where do I stand on asylum. I think most MPs should be in one'

HugMonster
22nd May 2001, 14:26
Hence the phrase "political asylum" :)

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip

ROTATION
22nd May 2001, 15:11
Be glad you don't live in the states! They have 18 months of it!

PS:
http://www.rancon.co.uk/prezza

ickle black box
22nd May 2001, 15:18
Favourite comment: After Tonys' stunt of announcing the election and various other things at a school, a young black girl was asked what she thought of it, "pack of lies" came the answer!

ickle