PDA

View Full Version : Capt Mok wins ALPA-S Presidency

Lee
19th Dec 2003, 18:29
Friday December 19, 6:12 PM
Cpt Mok wins ALPA-S elections with overwhelming majority

SINGAPORE : Results for the elections for the Airline Pilots Association-Singapore are out.
The new President is Captain Mok Hin Choon who takes over from Captain Dilip Padbidri.

Channel NewsAsia understands that Captain Mok polled 82 per cent of the votes, defeating the other contender, Captain Syed Abdul Kader.

There will be no elections for the branch committee members as there were only seventeen nominations for the nineteen places. - CNA

thegypsy
19th Dec 2003, 20:55
I guess the Senile Minister will be getting the padded cell ready
for the Chinese Water Torture treatment for Capt Mok! :rolleyes:

b777pilot
19th Dec 2003, 21:45
poor chap. flung straight into the line of fire. i hope he is wearing kevlar.

even more of an issue are the 17 co-opted members. will they be marching to the tune of the president or the media.

CDRW
20th Dec 2003, 14:04
The new Collective Agreement is finalised - it just hasn't been shown to anyone yet - not even ALPAS. The pay cut stays, productivity pay is to paid for hours sitting in the seat - not while you snoozing in the bunk - all travel will be J or Y!!!To name but a few of the new conditions. What are these new union guys going to do?? With big daddy on the war path I fear their influence in the new CA is going to be as effectual as a fart in a jacuzzi!