PDA

View Full Version : Emerald

bagpiper
19th Dec 2003, 14:29
With Emerald getting ATP's, I have heard a rumour that they are now in discussions with BA about the possibility of taking on all their ERJ's, RJ's etc that operate on the Citi Express Routes. Anyone any further info....?!

dwlpl
19th Dec 2003, 19:49
Whatever aircraft they are to use they will fly from its Liverpool base.

They are wanting experienced and inexperienced flight attendants to apply for posts flying routes out of Liverpool.

dada
19th Dec 2003, 22:31
a shower of s**t if ever there was one

royman
20th Dec 2003, 00:49
What an intelligent response from the last poster.
Good luck to Emerald when they get their new aircraft, heres hoping to some new routes from LPL in the future.

fimbles
20th Dec 2003, 16:10
My buddies have heard nowt about any jet equipt. - in fact with Emerald having always been a turbo prop operator, and mostly night frieght at that, I doubt they would have the infrastructure to take on a schedule jet operation.
That said the pax ATPs are on the way and the lads are starting conversion courses in the New Year. General idea is to give EuroManx competition on the LPL-IOM route when BA pull off!

Rgds

dwlpl
20th Dec 2003, 17:16
General idea is to give EuroManx competition on the LPL-IOM route when BA pull off!

Why would Emerald need three passenger layout ATP's just for that one route?

FougaMagister
20th Dec 2003, 20:11
I have read/heard somewhere that on top of IOM-LPL, their pax-config ATPs would be used on IOM-LCY and some other route. Think it may have been IOM-MAN; that's why they would need 3 ATPs.

Cheers

dwlpl
20th Dec 2003, 20:26
Is the ATP allowed to fly into London City?

FougaMagister
20th Dec 2003, 21:04
I really dunno, so maybe I got it wrong and it was to LGW or STN. What I definitely remember is that there would be several routes.

Cheers

dwlpl
20th Dec 2003, 21:14
There are rumours of Liverpool to Isle of Man and Liverpool to Stansted.

hushkit77
21st Dec 2003, 00:18
From what I hear the only route so far is the IOM-LPL. There will be a spare aircraft and one for ad-hoc stuff.

Doubt if a fully laden ATP would get out of London City. However I am sure the boys at the top have something else up their slieve but are mute as always!!

WHBM
21st Dec 2003, 14:45
No, the ATP is not one of the approved types for LCY, the complete list of which is here:

http://www.lcacc.org/aircraft/index.html

Germstone
19th Aug 2004, 21:24
atp story so far

g-gema-----pax aircraft(in service)
g-gemb-----freighter(being modded at blk)
g-gemc-----pax(in service)
g-gemd-----freighter(for conversion in romania)
g-geme-----freighter(as above romania)

spanner the cat
22nd Aug 2004, 21:55
Doubt if a fully laden ATP would get out of London City

Doubt if an empty ATP would have the performance to get out of LCY :E

I hope that Gemstone stuff EuroManx. The ATP is a good aircraft for tootling to and from the Island and doing similar domestic routes from LPL.

Dash-7 lover
22nd Aug 2004, 22:03
bagpiper.

Haemorrhoid Airways taking on BACX stuff...think someones on a wind-up....nah In all honesty good luck to them. Out of interest ATP GMANH positioned IOM direct to BBU (Bucharest) on 20th after handback to BAE for its freight door conversion and took 5hrs 50mins to get there with NO tech stop!
Think that would give you piles!!

Germstone
23rd Aug 2004, 11:24
no jet equipment on the cards for some time....they can only just cope with the pond hoppers theyve got

Say again s l o w l y
23rd Aug 2004, 12:13
This rumour has been going around the crew rooms for some while now. Supposedly after some 146's!:rolleyes:

I'll believe that when I see them.

Germstone
23rd Aug 2004, 13:21
146s no chance

more ATPs every chance of that

there was talk of 146 prior to the adoption of the atp along with other types ATRs were also mentioned

Trislander
23rd Aug 2004, 14:38
5hrs 50mins - just as it reaches its cruise alt it's time to land! :E