PDA

View Full Version : Beagle - busy after retirement?

Oggin Aviator
19th Dec 2003, 14:09
Does Beagle have a new career? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3331511.stm) :D

or is it Son of Beagle ?

Oggin

BEagle
19th Dec 2003, 15:32
Due to leave the Mars Express in a couple of minutes, keep your fingers crossed.....

The Nr Fairy
19th Dec 2003, 16:23
That explains the delays in postings from the esteemed BEags . . .

tony draper
19th Dec 2003, 16:44
Not exactly high tech, tiz going to be flung on its way by means of a coiled spring.
Had the luuvies not shut down Spadeadam,and our space program prolly would have been a Englishman standing on the surface of Mars watching it come down.

:(

WE Branch Fanatic
19th Dec 2003, 17:07
BEagle you know as soon as you step on the Martian surface, some Admin wallah will appear from nowhere and insist you fill out an "Oxygen request form" - of course in triplicate and in black ink.

Training Risky
19th Dec 2003, 17:16
... and then of course the Admin wallah will mistype the data into SAMA and your pay statements will be more bug.gered than Huntley in the prison showers!

BEagle
19th Dec 2003, 17:21
I'm on my way to the Red Planet - vehicle separation went fine!

Echo 5
19th Dec 2003, 18:06
BEagle,

Watch out for MARS bars in batter !!

Regards,

E5

tony draper
19th Dec 2003, 19:10
Mind you,30 million quid does seem a bit steep forra tichy little bit of kit like Beagle, I'm sure I cudda knocked one up in me shed for a lot less than that.
The landing balloon is a good idea though,they might think of looking ito that system for those Ejector seats you chaps use, no tricky parachutes or ropes to get mixed up, just encase the pilot in a large balloon.
Heave Bang!woosh!swish! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce!bounce!bounce.
;)

BEagle
19th Dec 2003, 19:19
"Heave Bang!woosh!swish! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce!bounce!bounce."

Just like having fun with a fat WRAF?:E

I can say that nowadays because WRAFs no longer exist!

Mind you, bouncing 30 metres up into the air...:\

A Civilian
19th Dec 2003, 21:43
Watch out for the Martian Space Gremlin Beag's three quaters of all Martian space missions ends in disaster :ouch:

Art Field
19th Dec 2003, 21:52
So Beags, a Maas bar, The Swan at Swinbrook maybe or was that the Smart place to be?.

BEagle
19th Dec 2003, 22:22
Ah-now you're pulling a few Levers in my memory....!!

Wycombe
20th Dec 2003, 00:01
.......all that bouncing from BEagle made me think that a "Load Mattress" was what he really needed to ensure a soft arrival.

FEBA
20th Dec 2003, 00:27
BEagle

Just like having fun with a fat WRAF

Will you be having one for Christmas? They take a lot more cooking than a WREN and you need an oven the size of an A330 hangar. Don't go for a WRAC they're strictly for the yanks.
Merry Christmas
FEBA

BEagle
20th Dec 2003, 01:13
Hmm, not sure about that...

Giving friendly advice to a concerned young WRAF did once have its compensations. Poor little lass had been moaned about by some even older fart than I and was very grateful for a friendly shoulder. Well, that's what I assumed when she knocked on my OM room door and then came in wearing a thin black T-shirt, short shorts and a little smile. And nothing else - not even shoes. Plus she was clutching a bottle of gin.......

And that, dear readers, is all I have to say about that ;)

There's a big red planet thing in front of me....hope it's friendly!

FEBA
20th Dec 2003, 04:29
Well said
:)
FEBA

treadigraph
20th Dec 2003, 07:36
Puts the Ki-bosh on this "Men are from Venus" cr@p...

And we can still see BEagle on Mars... in a far off sort of a way...

MrBernoulli
20th Dec 2003, 17:49
BEagle'

Be sure .... (blurrpp) .... to send us .... (squeek) .... (Fizzzz) .... a message once you've .... (whistle) .... touched down on .... (whoop) .... Christmas Day!

BEagle
20th Dec 2003, 17:58
Shall ckjci kjctbj b,lb` g f``d` earth batteries fvexer ffxxk, don't go flat! dcerg bbjdm ufgx

treadigraph
20th Dec 2003, 18:45
There is a whole special section about him in today's Daily Telegraph (Saturday)!

Nil nos tremefacit
23rd Dec 2003, 01:48
BEags - more likely to land on Mars than drive down the Cogges Link Road. Will you be joining former SEngo 10 on your town council in the future?:ok:

BEagle
23rd Dec 2003, 03:13
Which SEngO might that be? Not 'Juan' K**g, is it?

No need now for a Cogges Link Road; the new Oxford Hill light-controlled junction makes exit in any direction very easy either from Stanton Harcourt Lane or from Madley Park. What is needed, however, is a proper 4-leg junction at Shores Green so that we don't need to drive through the town centre just to get to the westbound A40..

Plus your 'Carterton Thunderbolt' chugging merrily backwards and forwards to Oxford, of course!

wyvern
24th Dec 2003, 04:18
BEagle -

Ref your post of 19 Dec. I've had that experience too. After she appeared with the bottle of gin, did you wake up?

Wyvern

BEagle
24th Dec 2003, 04:21
My lips are sealed..... But I was most definitely awake, I can assure you!

steve zodiac
25th Dec 2003, 20:14
Beags ,it wasn't the "wicked witch of the west wing" was it?
Best of luck in retirement

Farefield(not steve zodiac,but it's his computer!)

A Civilian
26th Dec 2003, 02:24
Didnt I tell you? Didnt I warn you this would happen? but nnnooooo none of you believed me about the Martian space gremlin :suspect:

West Coast
26th Dec 2003, 11:07
And all this time I thought Beagle was a dancer at the blue oyster club.....

Impiger
26th Dec 2003, 20:38
From today's Times:

'Search for the silent Beagle goes into extra time'

Well we know where he is .............:cool:

goldcup
27th Dec 2003, 19:26
If only the Pprune version was silent for as long as the space version....

BEagle
27th Dec 2003, 21:35
Happy New Year, goldcup

West Coast
28th Dec 2003, 10:58
Beagle
Just heard on the news about the probe. I hope your endevours are doing better than your namesakes.

BEagle
28th Dec 2003, 15:35
Thanks, Westie - but it won't be after Jan 4 until hope will finally be lost. At the moment the communication routeing is via a NASA satellite and it could just be that Beagle won't talk to the Americans ;) ! But on 4 Jan the Mars Express will be in the right orbit to relay any signals if the lander hasn't been damaged or stolen by Martians...

None of the Blue Oyster suggestions, thank you very much, you old rogue! How does it go? "Young man, when you're in a new town......."

Happy New Year :ok:

JohnB
30th Dec 2003, 20:53
Think that a radio message was heard from Beagle today.....

or was it wishful thinking..... I Should Be So Lucky ??