PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Flight School in Australia?

AhDee
19th Dec 2003, 11:37
Hi, anyone knows which Flight school in Australia is/are reliable, Good, and Professional for flight Training?

I found "AIRSPORTS FLYING SCHOOL " on WWW in Melbourne. Are they good?

asw28-866
19th Dec 2003, 13:08
I suspect many good, many not so good. Really depends on what you are wanting to achieve? I would suggest thinking about the following to narrow your search:

1) What is it I want to achieve? (PPL/CPL/MECIR/ATPL etc)

2) When/Over how long (Different parts of OZ have better/worse flying weather at differing times of the year)

3) Do I know anybody there? (Can be a big lonely place)

4) Do I want to be around other students from HK? (Some schools cater more to the Asian than domestic markets)

Just a few thoughts I am sure there are more!

All the best

ASW28

Tucker
19th Dec 2003, 17:49
Check your PM's AhDee

AIRWAY
2nd Jan 2004, 22:39
Hmm,

I was just about to create another topic when i realised there is one already so here it goes what was supposed to be a new thread:

--------------------

Hi All,

What an amazing fire works display ( Sydney ) that was :ok:

Right, im still doing research to do my CPL/IR ME in Australia, i would like to ask for your advice. Can anyone recomend a fairly good flying school for CPL/IR around either Brisbane/Sydney or Melbourne and probably Adelaide, im not looking for a super flying school, but one where i can feel part of "the family" and enjoy the flying with the required instructors atention, i had a bad experience here in the UK with a particular flying school where they treat their students like a piece of s***.

By the way if there is any current or past students ofthe "Liverpool flying school", could i please have your comments regarding the mentioned school.

I will be in Oz later on this year and according to your advice i might visit some.

PM's or E-mails are welcomed

Many Thanks
Airway

PS - Right im off to do a PPRuNe search to see what will come out.

Ratter
3rd Jan 2004, 07:22
Hi all

Have a few comments. If you are looking for value for money and decent instructors then have a look at Johnstons in Port Macquarie, they offer pretty decent rates in good aircraft. The only reasonably large schools in Melbourne, i have been told, charge an arm and a leg for their a/c, which are not in the best condition. Make sure you search around and remember that you are the customer and if they want your business they will, if they are good operators, negotiate a decent package for you.

Safe flying

Ratter

AerocatS2A
14th Jan 2004, 15:58
Here's another vote for Johnston Aviation in Port MacQuarie. I've just completed an Instrument Rating there and found it to be excellent. They have a student house which is available for accomodation free of charge for the first 4 weeks, and their instructors are good. Prices were good.

sako
14th Jan 2004, 17:55
check pm ahdee i have enclosed some phone numbers