PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation near Elstree..

alphaadrian
19th Dec 2003, 09:37
Hi Guys/Girls.
Anyone know how much accomodation near Elstree(within an hours drive)costs?Preferably,cheap and cheerful(typical FI accomodation!!)Being from the North,I havent a clue!!Or better still,anyone know anywhere?Wouldnt want to move down,only to find out i cant pay my rent!!Any figures or ideas gratefully received.Merry Xmas 2u all,while i am here.

alphaadrian

noisy
19th Dec 2003, 21:53
Try the Friday edition of London Loot. There's usually plenty of rooms in North London going.
If you've got a car then this is no problem. If you don't have a car then you have to get the tube to Edgware, take the 107 bus and then hike for about two miles, which in wet weather is interesting.

You can get a room in Hendon for a reasonable price but the night life is not up to much. Mind you, central london is about a half hour away by tube.

fred peck
20th Dec 2003, 23:28
Take a look through the Borehamwood Times. Plenty of ads for accomodation in the local area; Borehamwood, Elstree, Radlett, Bushey etc.
There is no public transport of any kind to Elstree Aerodrome, but an hour's drive would get you to Milton Keynes, Bedford, Chelmsford, loads of places.

alphaadrian
21st Dec 2003, 04:42
Thanx for the good advice Guys.I will certainly take it.Always good to know where to start looking.

Cheers,
Alphaadrian.:ok:

Foggles
22nd Dec 2003, 04:46
Hi

I've seen accom advertised very near the Aerodrome
I think iys on the notice board in the tower , the bar ,
or in Firecrest's clubhouse.
otherwise I used a B & B a few years ago for a student that
worked for me , it was very cheap , but walking distance to
Borehamwood station ,shop etc etc . Get a bike to ride to the airfield
as ther is no public trnsport and just a little to far to walk
but an easy bike ride and the excercise will do you good .
The B & B is 0208 207 3320 Miriam Feehily (seriously) is the
landlady !! Good Luck Foggles