PDA

View Full Version : When were your best years in flying

Staggerwing
18th Dec 2003, 17:56
For me I think it was mid 1950's early 60's. Learning to fly,the first job. Aviation seemed to be more laid back then and certainly less of a hassle. Still had a ball throughout the whole of my career - just that the early years seemed to be more fun.

QNIM
18th Dec 2003, 18:16
Gday Staggerwing

First Lesson, First Solo, Private Restricted, Private, Commercial, Instructor Rating, First Student sent of Solo. No major problems with past students. What else is there left in life?

Cheers Q

flyby_kiwi
26th Dec 2003, 12:22
Not having enough years in the game myself I can only run on what wise old men tell me; Their best years were in GA.

Northern Chique
26th Dec 2003, 14:56
had an exceptional time so far but Im sure the best is yet to come

Mork from Ork
26th Dec 2003, 15:29
Every year the DAME renews my medical, is a great year in flying as far as I am concerned.

:ok:

Cheers, MFO.

DeltaT
29th Dec 2003, 00:39
was right before I started.
I hadn't spent all my money, and I should have stopped right there and then.

slice
30th Dec 2003, 20:49
so true DeltaT!

:}

tinpis
31st Dec 2003, 06:23
The year I left it for good.

poteroo
31st Dec 2003, 07:52
The early 70's, when my employer provided me with a V35 Bonanza for work, and unrestricted private use was absolutely free. Didn't even pay for the fuel.

Of course, this was in the halcyon days before the bitter & twisted introduced their warped version of FBT in Australia.

It was better than ownership. Possession really is nine points of the law!

Unfortunately, not all good things go on forever. These days, I pay for the hole - in - the - sky.

cheers,

Azimuth
1st Jan 2004, 15:51
I'm hoping mine are yet to come:ok:

The Bullwinkle
1st Jan 2004, 17:54
From Dec 1998 onwards !!!

Night Watch
2nd Jan 2004, 14:32
The time i spent in PNG...... hands down the best flying I've ever done and will probably ever do!

Sonny Hammond
4th Jan 2004, 06:25
Any time you got a job after a interview, were trained at the employers expense, cause he needed you to fly his plane his way, and paid you appropriately for the responsibility you shoulder....

AH the good old days.......

Aileron Roll
5th Jan 2004, 15:23
all of them,

can anyone really claim to be so hard done by, and did not know what they were getting into ?

DeltaT
6th Jan 2004, 00:30
Aileron Roll
maybe you were lucky and had an honest aeroclub, or had experienced pilot contacts in the field before you started. Most of us didn't. (pprune wasn't around then either!)

Reverseflowkeroburna
9th Jan 2004, 21:20
QNIM got it in one!!

:)

From EOC to first turbine they were all great fun..................... right up to the point where you tried to make a living from it all!!!!!!

Did I know what I was in for? Not in the slightest!

Do I regret it? No way!

Do I hope there's better to come? Bloody oath!

It's one of the best jobs going........It'd just be nice if it was compatible with having a life, a family and a future!!!!:} :} :}

LAZYB
10th Jan 2004, 07:07
I give up. What's the answer? :confused:

:ouch: :yuk: :zzz:

Pinky the pilot
13th Jan 2004, 16:16
I'm with Night Watch on this one. My best time so far was the all too short time (18 months) I spent in PNG.:ok:
My only regret was leaving in the way I did.:{ :{
And my greatest hope is that even better things are yet to come, but then anything would be better that what I'm doing right now!:mad:
You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.