PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Gender Attitude Questionnaire; Who else recieved one?

Pinky the pilot
18th Dec 2003, 16:21
A rather interesting questionnaire arrived in the post along with the latest Air Pilot a few days ago.
It appears to be put out by someone in the Uni of Western Sydney and quote; 'contains a number of questions/statements where you are requested to express your opinion on various aspects relating to male and female pilots'
Anyone else recieved it? Comments (sensible ones) appreciated.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Chocks Away
18th Dec 2003, 16:28
Yep. Copied that one :ok:
Filled it in as best I could but there's a few loaded questions that aren't gender based. Some entertainment though, recounting past experiences:}

apache
19th Dec 2003, 11:54
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Look forward to having some fun IF I get one...

I'll be spewing if I dont get one now :{

redsnail
20th Dec 2003, 19:16
I got one, had to run off to work. I'll worry about it later.

Chocks Away
21st Dec 2003, 07:48
...I can read your answers to it already, Redsnail!:}
:= := :=
:ok:

gaunty
21st Dec 2003, 09:36
I hope you guys:) take this seriously as it is a really serious attempt to get to the bottom of perceived and actual bias.

It is a safety issue.

I have had a personal briefing on this and the AOPA staff have also.

There is nothing at all sinister about it and they have been careful to have a fully de-identifiable document.

Besides women are much better at mutlitasking than men:\

Chocks Away
22nd Dec 2003, 18:22
Indeed it is a safety issue and I certainly (and I hope others will) take it seriously... that's the sad thing about it all here in Australia, some truths may come home to roost.

Great that it is over other countries also.:ok:

Kaptin M
22nd Dec 2003, 21:23
"I hope you guys take this seriously as it is a really serious attempt to get to the bottom of perceived and actual bias."

Hmm, let's see now.

Female pilots are more prone to accidents than male pilots

Women who fly should do so for recreation, not as a profession.
Flying is a man's job after all

Amelia Earhart got lost because she was a woman

Male pilots tend to take greater risks than female pilots

Please remember, when answering these (and other Q's) they may decide to interpret them to suit themselves, eg.
Female pilots in command display greater leadership ability than male pilots. Answer...(i)Strongly agree, (ii)Agree, (iii)Neither agree nor disagree, (iv)Disagree, (v)Strongly disagree.
By answering (i) or (ii), the originator of the questionairre can then distort the answers to, "Public opinion indicates that women are more highly regarded for their leadership qualities, than men."

Be VERY, VERY careful when marking your choices.

Jim Mitchell
5th Jan 2004, 05:20
I am the culprit responsible for the distribution of the survey. Thanks for your comments - often the comments are more revealing than the survey results.

The more surveys that are completed and returned, the better the data and subsequebt results. I appreciate the time taken to complete the survey. Each of the organisations that helped with the distribution will receive the results.

Should anyone be interested in pursuing either an undergraduate or masters degree in aviation where industry experience counts as prior learning can contact UWS on 1800 897 669 (freecall).

phat boy
5th Jan 2004, 09:00
Gaunty,

Besides women are much better at mutlitasking than men Maybe this is the sort of gender-based crap the results of the survey will help to dispel.

Or is the "mut" comment some sort of attempt at a pun?