PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

Ace Rimmer
17th Dec 2003, 20:44
Blimey tis a very good thing that there is no moggie Rimmer or Rover Rimmer they’d be getting a damn good kicking right about now.

Why? Because yer old mate Ace has glued to the ground for waaaaayyyy too long. It’s a familiar tale of woe.
A month or so ago I managed to get airborne (just to bash out a few circuits – to keep sharp d’you see you know like you do. When I say sharp I suppose what I actually mean is less blunt but that’s not important right now. What is important is that on my way home (actually before I got out of the airport) I stopped of at a purveyor of flight training.

“What Ho” says I “any chance of sorting out some training tail dragging for the purpose of”?

“No probs say they when would you like to start” ?

“How bout next Sat” says I

“No probs” say they “next Sat it is”

“Oh Bu&&&er” says I “I’ve got something on better make it the week after”

All the week after WX glorious until Sat when it’s pants brill on Sunday of course… (Sundays no good for learning a new kite since circuits are banned on Sundays at our patch) annnnd basically the same thing has happened every week since. Take as a example, this week – it’s a good one. Sunday great, Monday great ,Yesterday great Today fab. Forecast for tomorrow good, Friday not bad…. Sat…well what a surprise… PANTS… Sunday looking good again Makes you wanna cry…

cessna l plate
17th Dec 2003, 20:50
I knooow what you mean!!
For 3 weeks now I've been attempting a first solo. WX all week A1. Sunday, even the ducks are walking!

If the vis is good, the wind is poor, and vice versa. I've even taken the best part of this week off work and booked myself in. The result.... the last 2 days when I was in work, wonderful, today, LVP reines. Forcast for tomorrow, AOK (I have to christmas shop for Mrs Cessna L Plate). Fridays forcast.... Do I need to go on!!

Oh how i hate the british weaather.

Dop
17th Dec 2003, 21:54
<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

I managed to go a few weeks ago, but last week, and for the three weeks before that, I'd been rained off or there was low cloud.

Then I go to work on Monday and it's a beautiful day.

I think last January and February I didn't get one flying lesson in.
But now I'm filling in the gap in my solo time and then practicing stuff for my skills test. Or at least I should be, but for the bloomin' weather!!

AerBabe
17th Dec 2003, 22:32
I have logged 0 hours P1 this year, and just 3.5 P1/S. I was due to be up near the Chipmunk last Saturday, with a bit of money to spend... but it was u/s. I booked a revalidation test in another a/c, but it chucked it down with rain and cloud base was about 800'. The weather did clear, but the last bu66er to use the a/c hadn't bothered to refuel and the pumps were broken. Finally, with about 1.75 hours before sunset, we managed to take off. :rolleyes:

Evo
17th Dec 2003, 22:49
Sorry, folks. I cant remember a December so good, logged 14 hours so far this month :O. The odd thing is how often it has been CAVOK south of the downs, and when you get aloft everything to the north is fogbound.

ACW 335
18th Dec 2003, 02:59
Must be a southern thing...I've done about 9 or 10 this december. Last december i logged quite a bit as well. Its normally November thats pants! (and it was!)

Its always sodds law with flying - had a very funny email about it all (will have a look for it)

Thumpango
18th Dec 2003, 08:34
After so many cancelled lessons at EGHI due to unsuitable weather I thought it was quite a gamble when I decided to do an intensive weeks training in Inverness in Oct/Nov.

I don't know if I was just lucky, but I only had one bad weather day in the nine I was there. Apparently, it is very unusual not to be able to fly up there - not what you would at first think from a darn sowth perspective! I had been told that Inverness has it's own micro climate and checking forcasts regularly for that area this does seems to be the case.

I am returning for my night qualification in January, so I will let you know if my perception changes!

S-Works
18th Dec 2003, 15:54
Must be a regional weather thing with some getting worse than others. I have managed 17 hours this month and 370 so far this year.

Boing_737
18th Dec 2003, 17:44
Wondering whether to bunk off @ 14:00 and go for a check ride. Its a bit misty here, but getting better all the time.....:cool:

Arrestahook
18th Dec 2003, 20:38
Oh bose-x! Does this mean you're no longer a low timer then? (or simply someone with far too little to do?):D

S-Works
18th Dec 2003, 20:47
You know the answer to that Capt A'Hook, I have no work ethic!!!! I am however hiding from a certain family member of yours following a minor feax par yesterday so I guess I am still low time!!!

:O