PDA

View Full Version : groundschool at different schools?

kula
17th Dec 2003, 16:33
Hi

I am considering studying for my ATPL exams next year. At the moment i have a full time job but next year sometime i am hoping to take a 1 year leave of abscence to train (and travel a bit). So i was thinking about starting some of the ATPL modules whilst still working full time. eg maybe study for 5-6 months before beginning the leave of absence. Then once free i will continue with the rest of the modules full time. That way i should only use up 3-4 months of my gap year studying and the rest can be flying and travelling.

i live in exeter and i think bournmouth is my closest groundschool offering fulltime courses.

Do Bournmouth offer partime correspondant courses??
If not then i would have to purchase some of the modules from Bristol groundschool and then switch to Bournmouth when i go fulltime.
Is this a reasonable thing to do or do you think that the courses would be too different and difficult to swop between??

Will any prospective employer care that i did them at 2 different schools, or are they just interested in the results??

Has anyone else ever done this??

Thanks for your help.

Alex Whittingham
17th Dec 2003, 16:51
It can be done. When you switch training providers we send your training records on to the new groundschool. The biggest problem usually is that the modules don't match, future employers wouldn't even notice.

But why use two schools? I think BCFT do both distance learning and classroom courses, you should be able to do everything with them.