PDA

View Full Version : Autorotate's entry in photo competition ...

RDRickster
16th Dec 2003, 23:57
Our own Mr. Neville Dawson is in the running for a photo competition. The website is:

www.helionline.de/ecpoll.htm

It's the "EC135 Photo of the Year" competition, and you will probably recognize his work immediately. Scroll down to picture number eight (8)... it happens to be the best of the lot in my opinion. Anyway, make your vote count. You should vote at the bottom of the page.

Heliport
17th Dec 2003, 00:21
Thanks for the hedzup Rick.
Done. :ok:

I'm not surprised Neville's doing well in the voting. His pic is more artistic than the others.

http://www.helionline.de/voting0e.jpg

Giovanni Cento Nove
17th Dec 2003, 00:53
No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

And?

RDRickster
17th Dec 2003, 01:06
Heliport only posted Neville's photo... nothing else.

Heliport
18th Dec 2003, 16:32
Giovanni

I live dangerously! :D And Rick makes a good point.

Hope you've voted.

helmet fire
19th Dec 2003, 08:03
MANY MORE VOTES NEEDED.

So far the competition is beating Autorotate, so lets get a wriggle on!

VOTE NOW!!:ok:

BRL
19th Dec 2003, 17:03
Now that is a cracking picture. It is taken from an unusal angle, not just the boring side on shots like most of the others there but from a different veiwpoint.

What it also does, and this is the clever bit, is disguises the real colour of it. I clicked on the picture and it took me to another galery that had another one in it, but this one was blue and yellow, not dark like the one in the picture. Silly me, 'twas the same one, re-iterating the point about changing its appearance.

Compare it to the one that is winning right now. That doesn't do much when you look at it does it. It is a side on view, you could be looking at it from behind a fence in the next field. That is how I look at it. It doesn't do much for me as it is. The feller who took that and is getting all of the votes must know a lot of people who will vote for him.

For what it is worth Nev, it is a great picture, more than worthy of winning that competition.

RDRickster
20th Dec 2003, 00:14
There is NO WAY 300 pilots legitimately voted for Number 2 in the past 24 hours; especially when all (most?) of us are in favor of Neville's Number 8 picture. Someone is cheating, and I don't have time to trap the open packets to find out where it is coming from. Suffice it to say, that if you disable your cookies - you can vote over and over and over and over and over and over on this poll.

Heliport perhaps you can cry foul on behalf of the legitimate voters?

Heliport
20th Dec 2003, 00:52
Something very odd going on.
When I voted, Ned had 46% of the votes and his nearest rivals had 22% and 20% respectively. There was a dramatic, and suspicious change virtually overnight.
Perhaps someone's posted a link similar to yours (but supporting a rival) on another site? ;)

Members of this forum have a wide arrray of fine qualities, but ........... I've found over the years that I only get (about) a 10% response even when sending a batch of PMs/e-mails direct to members.

Some day I must work out how to do a block mail shot. At the moment, I type out every message individually - there must be an easier way!

Autorotate
20th Dec 2003, 00:54
Not being disrespectful to those that run that site but thats why I dont hold much stock in web based photo comps. Too easy to manipulate.

The only one I have ever entered is the Aviation Week competition and since they had a photo of a skydiving dog win the Grand Prize, dont bother entering that anymore.

Too many pro photogs put a lot of time and effort into capturing stunning images and when Av Week judges a photo of a sky diver with a dog on a snowboard the winner, their credibility is shown as clearly lacking.

Just my two cents worth.

Autorotate.

p.S. Thanks to those that liked the image. Plenty more where that came from ;)