PDA

View Full Version : México's Airports

bmibaby.com
16th Dec 2003, 21:58
Just wondering, can anyone please tell me a list of the domestic airlines in México and what kind of prices internal flights are like.

Also, how easy is it for new companies to begin flying from México along the lines of establishing a low cost airline, because I know VuelaMex tried but failed. Why did VuelaMex fail? Why are there no low-cost airlines? Could they work?

Lite
16th Dec 2003, 23:52
Don't quote me on this, but I think that Mexico's airlines are as follows:

- Azteca: full-service, all-economy airline (a bit bmi like)
- Mexicana: major airline
- AeroMexico: major airline
- AeroCaribe: regional airline
- Magnicharters: domestic charter airline

I think that there would be a possibility for a low-cost airline in Mexico, it is a big country and I think both international tourists and also local businessmen would appreciate a low-cost alternative.

Squawk7777
17th Dec 2003, 10:31
there are a couple more airlines:

Aviacsa (major)
Allegro (major)
Aerocalifornia (major)
Aeromar (regional)

TAESA used to be THE low-cost airline of Mexico, but the operation certificate was pulled after the DC-9 crash in Uruapan and several other incidents.

A few months ago another regional airline ceased operations; Aerolineas Internacionales. Don't be fooled by the name though, they never flew internationally.

7 7 7 7

m_v_s_86
7th Jan 2004, 01:10
Mexicana de Aviación (Major Airline)
Aerocaribe (Mexicana's regional airline)
Aeromexico (Major Airline)
Aeromar (Regional Airline)
Magnicharters (Charter Airline)
Aviacsa (all-economy class)
Aerocalifornia(all-economy class)
Azteca (all-economy class)
All these airlines can be considered as low-cost airlines (except for Mexicana and Aeromexico) because they have really, but really old airplanes. (Some planes in Aviacsa or in Aerocalifornia are 35 or even more years old.) In the other hand you have Mexican with has the yuongest fleet of the world (10x Fokker 100, 23x Airbus 320, 15x Airbus 319, 6x Boeing 757-200, 1x Boeing 767-300ER)