PDA

View Full Version : LH website snag?

BEagle
16th Dec 2003, 06:01
For some reason, I cannot open www.lufthansa.co.uk or www.lufthansa.com . Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?

OX-27
16th Dec 2003, 06:33
Both worked for me OK @ 2325

Memetic
16th Dec 2003, 06:52
Working fine AFAIK. Have you tried clearing your browser cache then reloading the page?

BEagle
16th Dec 2003, 07:26
"Have you tried clearing your browser cache then reloading the page"

Sorry, but you'll have to explain. What is 'clearing your browser cache'?

I can access other LH sites, but as soon as I try to link to the basic www.lufthansa.co.uk I get the damn 'cannot be found' thing....

spekesoftly
16th Dec 2003, 07:39
"Clearing your browser cache" - for example, using Internet Explorer, click on Tools/Internet Options and then 'Clear History' and delete all 'Temporary Internet Files'.

Edit: For other browsers, and further info, this (http://www.dial.pipex.com/support/netmail/faqs.php#tif) might help - scroll well down the page.

BEagle
16th Dec 2003, 07:50
Yes - did all that. Still no luck - in fact even if I cut and paste www.lufthansa.co.uk into the address bar, I just get the page hanging up and then either 'Cannot be displayed' or 'We can't find "www.lufthansa.co.uk"' coming up.

It won't even link from Google or from other LH sites.

spekesoftly
16th Dec 2003, 08:06
Other thoughts, have you also tried deleting your 'cookies'? Are you using a 'firewall' that might be inadvertently blocking access? Could it just be a temporary glitch with your particular ISP - Virgin?

I can access the two sites OK, if a bit slow to load.

Keef
16th Dec 2003, 09:42
Yep, loads fine for me too. Bit slow - lots of bits and bobs to load.

I run ZoneAlarm firewall and Grisoft Antivirus, and they didn't seem interested in it.

Interesting site - daughter likes to visit Berlin for the Weihnachtsmärkte. We usually go with one of the cheapie airlines. The site reckons LH don't fly Stansted or Gatwick to any of the Berlin airports. They do Heathrow to Berlin, but the fare is not available unless I phone a number in Germany. Reckon Ryanair keep the business!

BEagle
16th Dec 2003, 14:31
Thanks for your help, fellow PPRuNers..

Deleted all the temporary files again, cleared all the cookies again, cleared the history again. Let it defrag itself overnight, reset the W-LAN/ADSL settings.....and now it's working again. Perhaps some intervention from your boss, Keef???

Re. the LH cheap flights, I've found that you need to book months in advance these days. It's been that way ever since they reduced the number of A300-600s between UK and Germany; perhaps the flights from Gatwick/Stansted are codeshares with another SA airline? That's 'Star Alliance', not 'Sturm Abteilung', of course!

Interestingly, I did get a 'This site has been restructured' alert during log in to their home page, and the address seems to have changed, so perhaps it was an ISP issue all along?

DubTrub
16th Dec 2003, 23:32
..I thought LH meant Left Handed..