PDA

View Full Version : Simuflite now taken over by Easyjet??

DeltaT
14th Dec 2003, 14:15
Heard a whisper that Easyjet have now taken over ownership of Simuflite from MB at Ardmore? any goss??
(I know the students weren't coming up to scratch in time as contracted)

tat2k3
14th Dec 2003, 17:42
I think it might be CTC McAlpine, not easyjet who took over.

Turtledove
15th Dec 2003, 02:22
Was out at AR on the weekend and dropped in to Simuflight that was, now called McAlpine Aviation, well, thats how the girls answer the phone now so assume that's who owns it.

From what I can gather it is not so much a take over as the owner selling the place to them (public knowledge apparently, no great secret). Aviation going as it is in NZ, probably a sensible thing to do, not many flying school owners manage to sell as a going concern. I believe the contracts up in England still going strong so makes economic sense that McAlpine would be looking to set up their own school down here instead of paying someone else.

The previous owner no longer there, a new boss, new office ladies, in fact new people everywhere, still, it is an ever changing world, still plenty of flying for the instructors so that is the main thing I guess.

DeltaT
15th Dec 2003, 08:32
Is MB still there as a figure head, or new management?
If new, are they from UK ?

Turtledove
15th Dec 2003, 17:14
MB sold the company to CTC McAlpine and is gone from Simuflight altogether. Not sure who is head honcho now but assume it will be someone from CTC McAlpine.