PDA

View Full Version : Oh no ! Not already....

Grainger
8th Sep 2001, 00:53
OK, that does it. Now I'm really mad.

7th of September, and I've just been in two shops that already have displays of Christmas goods out :mad:

Guys - it's only September ! There's over three months to go yet :rolleyes:

Now I don't know about you but I really really don't want to spend a quarter of my life with it being Christmas. Beginning of December is quite soon enough, for goodness sake !

If I had my way, any mention of you-know-what before Dec 1st would merit a custodial sentence.

Better yet - it ought to be like the Olympics or the World Cup. Once every four years. Maybe then we'd get back to it being a special occasion rather than the annual commercial greedfest. :mad: :mad: :mad:

VTSP
8th Sep 2001, 03:10
We'll know it's Xmas when the Easter Eggs go on sale :D

tony draper
8th Sep 2001, 03:18
Wait untill you get a bit older and time dialation kicks in, Christmas's are about three months apart now, for me.
Honestly there's still a christmas card on the telephone table I forgot to post last Christmas it just was not worth putting it away when you know you can post it for next christmas, in a couple of months.

lame
8th Sep 2001, 08:09
I see that you are from Scotland, are you sure it is not because you will have to buy presents soon????

You could always emigrate to say Afghanistan? Or Israel?

JUST JOKING....... If it makes you feel better, I agree with you really, and it is the same here Dunnunda.

;) :D

Mycroft
8th Sep 2001, 17:33
Iame - at least we have christmas in the winter

swashplate
8th Sep 2001, 20:57
I got a shedload of xmas cards in feb '98 - enough to last a few years.

No-one notices...

....I hope.... :D :D

[ 08 September 2001: Message edited by: swashplate ]

OzExpat
8th Sep 2001, 21:08
For me, nothing beats the internet for sending Christmas cards. I can get as lazy as I like, just so long as I pick all the virtual cards around Dec 20, send them out Dec 21, marked for delivery Dec 24.

Well, it works for me... :D

Grainger
9th Sep 2001, 01:58
Aaaaaarrrrgghhghhghhhh !

They're doing it deliberately just to drive me crazy. Now the bleeders are selling hot cross buns ! In September for God's sake :eek:

I give up. Let's just have ALL the holidays continuously all year round :rolleyes:

Actually... perpetual bank holiday... no more work... go flying every day. Hmmmmmm - not such a bad idea after all :D

lame
9th Sep 2001, 02:31
Mycroft,

Yes that is true, actually the Christmas before last I spent in New York, and it was great for once in the cooler weather, all the snow etc........

Here even though Christmas is in mid summer, most people still do all the same "European" traditional things, hot roast dinners etc, just have the air conditioning on high......

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Best regards,

"lame"