PDA

View Full Version : Robert Rudhall

AirportsEd
13th Dec 2003, 00:10
Robert Rudhall, once Deputy Editor of 'Flypast' Magazine and later author of several books about historic aircraft - including two about the making of the film 'Battle of Britain ' - died today after a long illness.
I'm sure those of you who knew him would agree that he was as nice a bloke as you could meet and will be a great loss to the world of warbird journalism.
My condolences to his family.

Cameraone
13th Dec 2003, 02:04
That is very sad news, my thoughts are with his family and friends. A great loss to the aviation community.

planenuts
13th Dec 2003, 06:41
I was shocked and saddened to hear of the death of Robert Rudhall. The Aviation world will miss him . In keeping the Historic / Warbird Aviation scene alive, his contribution has been a considerable one.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

seafuryfan
14th Dec 2003, 03:28
Airports Ed, what sad news - and a difficult post to have to write.

I hope you and Prune don't mind, I have pasted your post (with acknowledgment) on the Flypast Forum. Many there are familiar with Roberts fine journalism, and some (including me) were lucky enough to have viewed a presentation by him on The Battle of Britain film at Duxford not too long ago. The replies to your news there reflects the esteem which Robert was held in by fellow old aircraft enthusiasts.

http://forum.airforces.info/showthread.php?threadid=18757

I have control
14th Dec 2003, 04:33
Shocked and saddened.. RIP Robert