PDA

View Full Version : NZ Job outlook

rich49
12th Dec 2003, 22:39
Hi all!
Could anyone tell me what the situation is with pilot recruiting in NZ is? I know of only Air New Zealand and their regional counterpart, but surley there are more regional jobs? Is it hard to find a job in NZ as a pilot with low hours? What is the industry forcast (if there is such a thing!) with regards to airline expansions?
Thanks.

DeltaT
13th Dec 2003, 08:52
Yes it is hard to find a job with low hours
Most go via instructing, and then realise the bad career move when the pay bites.
Regionals require 200 multi minimum, but the reality is higher due to competition.
...the number of multi operators to gain experience on, is also reducing....

DeltaT
14th Dec 2003, 09:56
Further, newspaper articles are being published forseeing a pilot shortage. For a longer explanation than I care to write right now, its BS, as you will see in other threads here. 61 Air NZ mainline pilots are due to reach 60 yrs over the next 5 years.

rich49
15th Dec 2003, 22:06
Ok thanks for your help!
I noticed that the requirements for airlines require the person to be EITHER a New Zealand citizen/permanent resident or an Australian citizen/permanent resident. So, what about the licencing?
If I were an Australian citizen, and I have Australian licences, would I still have to redo the NZ's CAA air law and CPL flight tests in order to get the AUS licences recognised in NZ? In other words, Australians have access to NZ's job market and New Zealanders have access to Australiars job market, barring licence restrictions???
Sorry for the questions!
Thanks

redsnail
15th Dec 2003, 22:35
Rich 49,
Have a look at the CASA website, Cross Tasman agreement (http://www.casa.gov.au/avreg/fcl_lic/download/ttmra.PDF). You'll find your answers there regarding licences across the Tasman.
In a nutshell, the licences are transferable, theory exams alone are not.

NoseGear
18th Dec 2003, 02:39
Coolguy eh? Not to cool by the tone of your post. I think your last 3 words sum up your post nicely.:rolleyes:

Nosey

splatgothebugs
18th Dec 2003, 14:14
Sounds like you were beaten to a job by a kiwi at some stage:)

Don't go stating entry requirements for any NZ airline until you first investigate the facts.

You are basically a **** :ok:

splat

NoseGear
18th Dec 2003, 15:53
Coolidiot, good thing they don't test spelling on those medicals:rolleyes:

Maybe a blood test is in order for you mate, you sound odd.........

You also have no idea of the requirements for NZ regionals. Maybe if you did your homework, dummy, instead of whinging like a baby, you would have a job.

Fu:mad:n ****

Nosey

twentyelevens
18th Dec 2003, 22:08
Chow??? :O

This prawn has to be a windup!!!

Keep it up tiger:ok:

DeltaT
19th Dec 2003, 03:16
Remaining completely neutral huddled in the corner, but what regional multi operator out there has a requirement of less than 200 multi? is there one I haven't visited in person?

NoseGear
21st Dec 2003, 05:45
Must have sobered up and realised what a fool he was making of himself. :rolleyes:

DeltaT, there are no regional operators in NZ that require less than 200 multi, however, pm me for some info I may have for you.

Nosey