PDA

View Full Version : Flash photography at Mertle Avenue

djhazard
12th Dec 2003, 22:31
Flash photography at Mertle Avenue, Heathrow, during the dark periods, I happen you own a very powerful flash that can light up an object 100ft away, my question is, is this allowed etc obviously it could distract the pilots etc. what do you all say on this? the reason I ask also coming into EGLL at about 6pm some one used a very bright flash. thanks

GrantT
13th Dec 2003, 07:54
Hmmm not quite sure what your asking but using a flash in aviation photgraphy is pretty pointless, better to use longer exposure times.

andyb79
13th Dec 2003, 11:50
i would say to forget about whats legal and whats not
when an aircraft is on final approach the pilot has a high workload do you (obviously as an aviation enthusiast) want to distract him/her even for a couple of seconds?

djhazard
13th Dec 2003, 21:18
Hello, yeah obviously I don't wanna cause any problems etc thats all good i wasjust wondering, does any body know any other good places to take photos at egll?

Meeb
14th Dec 2003, 03:36
I can assure you the crew would not even notice... ever seen the light polloution around LHR... :rolleyes:

djhazard
14th Dec 2003, 04:17
yeah but mertle av is quite dark i think they would see a bright flash?

Red Four
14th Dec 2003, 06:08
If the light was deemed to be causing a danger to aircraft, you could be prosecuted under the Air Navigation Order, if a common sense compromise wasn't come to first.

djhazard
14th Dec 2003, 08:40
many thanks, not a good idea to use a flash then :). many thanks