PDA

View Full Version : There's only one Vinnie (thank God)

davethelimey
12th Dec 2003, 19:42
Hearty apologies if this has been covered in another thread or is misplaced.

Vinnie Jones convicted of "air rage" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/3312383.stm)

Jayzus. The flight attendent who tried to restrain him deserves a medal.

Ridley
12th Dec 2003, 19:48
I think he's been reading too much of his own press, and believing it.
Twit.

Ridley

BoeingMEL
12th Dec 2003, 19:54
This sort of vile behaviour invariably results in a custodial sentence (if you're a builder, plumber, HGV driver etc) Can't wait to see if the accused's celeb status results in a paltry fine and wigging off. Cough cough Major! bm

Doug the Head
12th Dec 2003, 20:55
I promise I´ll have a word with him! :}

strake
12th Dec 2003, 21:22
********....and I'd say that to his face!!

Er...actually, I wouldn't....so well done to PAX and CC who took him on.
Of course, as usual, not much of a punishment.....£300 to someone he slapped round the face and a bit of community service....

curmudgeon
12th Dec 2003, 21:31
Speaking as a passanger, I feel that he's got off very lightly, on the basis of the facts on the bbc website.

There is a vast difference to being violent and abusive in an aeroplane than in a pub or other public place. On an aeroplane, the victim can't run away, nor can he make the assumption that in a short space of time, the boys in blue will come bursting in through a door, ready to use their truncheons as required. After the assault, the aggressor and victim then have to share the same space for at least a few hours, and the victim will no doubt be wondering if the behaviour will happen again.

One other interesting point - if the flight was between Heathrow and Tokyo, why wasn't Jones handed across to the Japanese police on arrival?

cur

purple haze
12th Dec 2003, 23:58
i think people like him should be made an example of, and if anything should have received a harsher sentence.

so true, if it was mr joe bloggs, the sentence would have been different.

thats good ol' british justice.

PH

Jerricho
13th Dec 2003, 00:19
Being discussed in Jet Blast here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110452)

hanger35
14th Dec 2003, 00:54
What I have read in some papers is that he repeatedly punched another passenger and abused the cabin crew. Some aircraft have been diverted for lesser. The fact is this is a very serious offence and I believe that all pilots should refuse to carry him on any of there aircraft in other words he should be banned for life. Not only was a bad footballer and a crap actor he also a bad role model and gets my nomination for this Decades scum of the universe.

student-mork
14th Dec 2003, 01:21
Wonder if the po-faced, bulldog chewing a wasp, cant string two words together, head inserted in Guy Richies' arse pillock will have his advertising contract with Smirnoff or whatever it is terminated. Should have his passport taken off him and his head repeatedly smashed in the door of a 747 a la lockstock. God, Id have made a great Judge...move over Pickles you leftie!:ouch:

PAXboy
14th Dec 2003, 02:19
I agree with Cur. that he has got off w-a-a-a-y too lightly. This sends the wrong message and I think that a ban form the carrier would be a good idea. It would cost VS very little (because the man is unlikely to travel with them again anyway) and it may bring them customers as people see that VS will stand up for their staff and customers.

kaikohe76
14th Dec 2003, 04:07
I have up until now had some very slight admiration for VJ, but of course absoloutely no excuse whatsoever for his behavoir on the aircraft though. As like most of the other posts, I think he got off very lightly indeed and a custodial sentance even of modest duration was totally justified in this case. Another thought, if I had been a pax in the cabin while all the chaos was going on, on arrival I would have sued the carrier for my distress. Just no excuse for this type of behavoir at all, in particular on an aircraft.

hostie
14th Dec 2003, 06:00
At the end of the day it shouldn't matter who he his, he should not have been treated so leniently
I thought that things were improving with this legislation.
Having experienced a violent drunk passenger there should be a much tougher message being handed down by the courts

I would like to direct people to this link, it's very American but it needs support - if you only buy a crew tag - it's something

http://www.skyrage.org/

Freeway
14th Dec 2003, 06:29
The British legal system is at fault here. When he entered his guilty plea his previous criminal record could be accessed by the magistrate.
In 1998 he was convicted of actual bodily harm and sentenced to 100 hrs community service and fined.
A further 80 hrs community service and what amounts to £1100 in fines and court costs is hardly a sentence that reflects the very serious nature of his crime and does not take into account his previous conviction.
This type of crime is getting increasingly more frequent, the legal system needs to send out a message that on board an airliner, as indeed anywhere else, assault, threatening behaviour and harrassment will not be tolerated. Surely a custodial sentence for people that commit this type of crime is the only way of reducing the frequency of these incidents.
I agree with previous posts, the airlines certainly do need to get together and refuse the custom of convicted criminals and troublemakers such as Mr. Vinnie Jones.

Lou Scannon
15th Dec 2003, 00:44
Little wonder that the rugger team have been received with such adulation. The footballers seem to be big girl's blouses in comparison.

Paracab
15th Dec 2003, 06:06
As if Vinnie Jones has got 3k to spare. Jumped up Pr1ck, don't mind telling him either, given the chance. He may have played a gangster on screen but thats about as far as it goes...

Surely if he was that big he would be on his own bizjet, with own crew.

Tw@t!!!

PAXboy
20th Dec 2003, 02:11
"Footballer turned actor Vinnie Jones has had his shotgun licence revoked and must now get rid of his weapons following his conviction for a so-called air-rage attack."

BBC 19th Dec (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/3335281.stm)