PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Flight Center, Tulsa

Chinchilla.612
12th Dec 2003, 19:16
Just a quick question to see if anyone knows what happened to the last thread that was on here about Riverside?

Was getting quite interesting with some good feedback and over 30 replies, but now suddenly it's gone??

Moved or deleted one wonders.........
........are things being censored too much on pprune?
:mad:

onehunga
12th Dec 2003, 19:24
Took the words out of my mouth!!

Was really surprised when it popped up in the first place as I keep a keen eye on training providers for the CPL/IR and thought I had heard of all the goodins. Then followed the glowing replies and it made me think I was missing a trick somewhere.....until...

My guess is that solicitors are being called.....

FlyingForFun
12th Dec 2003, 20:19
WWW posted an allegation which someone had made to him by e-mail. That was the last I saw of it.

If the allegation was true, then it says a lot about Riverside. If it wasn't true, then I can understand that anyone at Riverside would be very upset that this allegation was made public.

I would imagine that the thread has been removed by the moderators while this allegation is investigated. I won't repeat the allegation, because if it's not true it would probably harm the school's reputation. I'm sure we'll hear more when the moderators have investigated it fully.

FFF
--------------

Chinchilla.612
13th Dec 2003, 03:23
I don't recall having seen any allegations, and was watching it quite closely?

I was out there myself recently and had a wonderful time as well as a very successful one. Still keep in touch with all the guys off my course and one after us too, and have never come accross a complaint from anyone who has actually been there?!

Still I guess that is the only problem with the system on here where by competitors etc can write what they like without fear of anyone knowing who they are??

Anyway....in the mean time here's my two bits worth, just to remind any would be FAA routers that Riverside is a great place to do it in my opinion :o)

Fingers crossed that the thread doesn't "vanish" again this time eh.

Andy_R
13th Dec 2003, 17:02
Must add my opinion.

The deletion of this mentioned thread has already done harm to the school.

Myself and one other have definately been put off by the disappearance of this lively discussion. The lack of any really substantial allegation and the sudden deletion does one's confidence no good at all, when deciding who to invest one's thousands with. Even though Riverside profess to cost less of those ££££'s. Not everyone has the funds to go to Jerez or Oxford much as we'd love to.

Ah well, back to trying to work out the best path forward.

Chinchilla.612
13th Dec 2003, 23:43
FFF,

Cheers for the private message.
Has put my mind at rest to know what the allegations were, as I know for a fact they are not true :o)

Thanks again.

Chinchilla.

scroggs
14th Dec 2003, 05:59
Peeps, please don't get your knickers in a twist over this. The previous thread was removed by the senior management. This was partly because of the allegations you refer to, which it was felt could damage both the school and our wannabes. The removal should not be taken as a comment on either Riverside or those who made those allegations.

We are, I understand, in conversation with Riverside to sort this out. In the meantime, as always, please select your future school only after you have made direct contact with them yourself, and have preferably talked in person to ex-students. Never choose any school on the sole basis of anonymous postings (for or against) on Pprune or elsewhere.

Scroggs

strafer
22nd Jan 2004, 18:08
Well?

I noticed on another thread that Rob Lloyd claimed that there was an organised attempt to 'big up' Riverside. Can we have the facts as they are known?

PS What happened to that bloke who claimed he'd never heard of them despite being at the the flying club next door for 18 months???