PDA

View Full Version : IB, BA and GT

HZ123
12th Dec 2003, 15:43
Can someone tell me why the current announcement of the alliance of BA , IB and GB airways, mentions GT (GB) directly as a significant factor within the plan.

This is the first time since the negotiations began that I have seen GB refered to. Will this mean that some changes will occur with regard to GT and the usage of GIB or other Iberian airports / routes.

HolyMoley
12th Dec 2003, 17:50
Duh! Because GB fly as BA to Alicante, Almeria, Valencia, Malaga, Murcia, Seville, Palma, Mahon, Tenerife South, Tenerife North, Fuerteventura, Arrecife and Las Palmas, and to Oporto and Faro on Iberia codeshare. It would be strange if they were not included wouldn't it?:rolleyes:

HZ123
12th Dec 2003, 19:03
Hardly, your point 'they fly as BA' because they are the franchaissee thus BA could decide to dispense with their services as and when. As such GB are not part of the IB/BA alliance. So Duh time might see them pushed out of these routes perhaps as they will be competing with IB on a number of these routes.

HolyMoley
12th Dec 2003, 20:13
Coo......I nearly took the bait then! That was until I realised that you're a sad Nigel with a chip on his shoulder about franchises and subsidiaries. Go back to moaning about your pension and contemplating the cheeseboard.