PDA

View Full Version : Avgas in the Comoros?

Kiwi Flyer
12th Dec 2003, 13:40
Any one know if there is any chance of getting Avgas in any of the Comoros Islands?

Also, who the agent for Avgas is in Madagascar?

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

KF

helldog
12th Dec 2003, 20:30
Hey kiwi,

I was to do a trip there about six or seven months ago. Busted hydraulics on taxi at Dar:{

We found out that you can get Avgas at Moroni. I guess it would be a good idea to check availability during your visit.

Check the airport guide in the back of the Jepps I believe the phone numbers of the agents are listed. Sorry cant confirm because I dont have them in front of me. If you havent got them, about 1000 Euros:uhoh: Check out the ILS for that place (Moroni) You would not want to ****** that one up in IMC.

Take it real easy. Have a good Xmas. Cheers:ok:

Kiwi Flyer
13th Dec 2003, 13:30
Cheers Helldog,

Well that gives me some hope! shall try and find the relevant numbers.

I'm kinda hoping for good weather, not to keen on shooting approaches into unknown airfields, and in a C206!:{ Why do I do these things to myself!

Cheers and a good chrissy to you to.

KF

406pilot
15th Dec 2003, 17:51
damn u hell dog,

thats the flight i had to do without any prior notice,typical charter work..need less to say i had enough to haul my C310 back to dar.

any ways kiwi flyer sad news for you there is no avgas in moroni although there is some available in anjouan which is another island 30mins away,althought that is another country probably under the french so u need to complete the usual paper work to do so..by the way the jeppesen manual says that there is avgas in moroni.and madagascar plenty of it there too..

kiwi i just came back frm a round trip of mozambique(nampula-nacala) and i tell u weather couldnt have been worse there was a tropical cyclone on its way so better watch out bro..

still a 406pilot,but not 4 long i hope

3BSKY
20th Dec 2003, 15:05
Hi,
If you have the choice it would be easier to land in Mayotte (french territory), they have few private piston and an aero club so they have Avgas. It's also much easier with landing clearance.
Let me know if you get there as I have some contacts. Same thing for madagascar.
Cheers.
Phil

[email protected]