PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Q&A on Ebay!

NI66A
11th Dec 2003, 23:02
I was perusing Ebay earlier today (study relief!) and came across this book that's up for auction - follow link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2971971263&category=4783

As i'm currently doing the ATPL ground school i was wondering if it may be a worthwhile investment :confused: . Anyone of you used the same book and was it's content any good? Cheers boys n' girls! :ok:

quidam
12th Dec 2003, 17:18
Might help:confused:

That said if you put the work in and complete all of your schools feedback questions you should be ok.

IMHO (based upon 14 1st time passes as a heli wannabe having to take a predominately 'plank' based course) I'd save the money and trust your groundschool provider, who will have much more up to date feedback questions.

Q

pinkaroo
12th Dec 2003, 17:44
NI66A, How much are you hoping to sell this book for then?

onehunga
12th Dec 2003, 19:10
Pink - Was thinking the same myself!!

It is only £15 brand new off one of the various online flight shop websites anyway. Personally I would rather have a "clean" copy. My experiences of ebay lately is that there are a lot of people who have no idea of somethings worth and pay way over the odds.

Evo
12th Dec 2003, 20:09
My experiences of ebay lately is that there are a lot of people who have no idea of somethings worth and pay way over the odds.

It's good for the seller, sure - best i've seen is some muppet paying £238 for a GPS Transair were selling new for £120... wish I had sold my one...

NI66A
13th Dec 2003, 16:42
;) Cheers for the constructive replies chaps!.........except you Pinkaroo. K**b

Arrowhead
13th Dec 2003, 23:06
Be careful!

The question bank changes all the time, after appeals cause withdrawals and new questions are added. I dont know how old the book is, but I think you would get better value for money by ringing up bristol groundschool and asking how much they would charge you for their question bank CD - which WILL be bang up to date.

Also, the book in the link did not have q's for all the subjects you will have to take.