PDA

View Full Version : QR380 12 Dec to Male

Aksai Oiler
11th Dec 2003, 16:37
Can anyone out there please let me know why my flight to Male with Qatar Airways is cancelled tomorrow ?

QR380 DHA-MLE 12 Dec

I got a call yesterday I have now to fly to CMB and then take Air Lanka to MLE. This looses me 1 day of my vacation and obviously makes me an unhappy PAX. QR apparently are not saying why this is happening.

If anyone can advise I'd appreciate to know

Oiler:*

doha
12th Dec 2003, 00:54
its operation reason of coursee

do u have to put every thing here with out thinking

drive a bus
12th Dec 2003, 03:53
doha,

very nice to read your posts again and again. Now itīs time for a reply. In the past you offended everybody posting again QR. Now you make an unhappy passenger feeling a stupid schoolboy. Maybe you forgot, they pay your salary. You are not alone in this world and other people have a right to say what they have to say. I know, everything is different in QR. But you should take a look into the rest of the world. There it is allowed. Donīt be so ignorant and accept different opinions.

@ Aksai Oiler

Sorry for my colleagues posting. Maybe the swop was due to operational reasons. Why donīt you write an email to QR to complain? Probably they will reply.

Cheers,

drive

CDRW
12th Dec 2003, 05:20
doha - what an educated and fullfiling reply to a query from what looks like a chap that works off shore and not in the aviation business- so very typical of the citizens of QR!

Aksai Oiler - the "airline" will never tell you why this sort of thing happens and to be truthful the rep. that calls will not know either - they are simply passing on information from higher sources, but various reasons could be:

Shortage of aircraft due to breakdowns
Shortage of crew
Very few passengers booked on that flight so flight cancelled
Landing rights revoked into Mle

Unfortunately you have no come back if an airline re- routes you.

Aksai Oiler
12th Dec 2003, 11:47
Well thanks for your replies, I had a discussion with the QR OPs Manager in MAN, considering the flight was delayed 2 hrs from due to a broken hairy plane.

This PAX is still unhappy, but obviously saying anything against QR upsets certain ppruner's. At least the service was nice, which is all I have to say.:zzz:

O\ZON
14th Dec 2003, 15:47
doha - you really are a pratt.
as a fellow QTR employee. your an embarrassment to the airline.

QTR flts to the maldives are cancelled more often than any other sector. usually due to poor load factors.

O\z

eal401
15th Dec 2003, 18:47
Aksai, are you refering to QR043 on the 11th? I came in on that flight, there was a problem with one of the main gear wheels & it had to be replaced. Frustrating, as we'd been pushed back at Doha, then sat on the taxiway for a bit, then back onto stand and got politely kicked off!!

Small world eh?

Doha, are you aspiring to be another Al-Baker?? :E

Bang
16th Dec 2003, 12:21
I am cabin crew and must state that the flights to MLE are not EMPTY.load factor is genaraly high and in my opinion it is a profitable sector.

wilco77
26th Dec 2003, 10:13
YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aksai Oiler
26th Dec 2003, 23:27
eal401

Sorry for being late to reply as usual. It is a very small world. Thanks for the explanation why we left MAN so late, but QR had already told me they had cancelled the onward cxn from Doha to Male.

QR cabin service was pretty good, I even commented to the BA Purser on my leg back to TLV (as I was complaining how bad BA's food in Club is getting, as usual). However QR's time keeping was rotten (but I won't hold that against them) and their explanation's not much better - the truth is always the best policy. Now I'm up for Air Astana's flight AMS-URA on Monday....

Have fun

:ok:

A300Man
27th Dec 2003, 16:21
I am surpirsed about the comments about QRs time keeping. In fact, the airline can maybe be criticised for many things. But timekeeping generally is not one of them. The short connection system at Doha normally works very very well.

For the record, loads to MLE at this time of the year are generally not outstanding, and yield is pretty poor. However, at other times of the year, QR load factors to MLE have been relatively consistent, although not full full full.

ayomide
27th Dec 2003, 19:24
I remember we had many tourists from Europe on flights to MLE.

QR is one of the few airlines that leaves and comes on time! Delays don't happen that often, except one flight I had to BKG when we were about seven hours late.