PDA

View Full Version : XTNDConnect

BOAC
11th Dec 2003, 06:38
My Ericsson T68i mobi came with this programme but only connects Outlook to the 68i. My Ipaq 3870 came with Microsoft Activesync. Does anyone know how to get hold of the XTND module to allow Outlook to connect to the Ipaq without paying the $69 they want for the full programme which seems a bit steep when you already have it!?

Keef
11th Dec 2003, 08:39
There's another package called something like XTNDConnectServer. I downloaded a free trial version, in the hope of doing exactly that. It might be capable of doing it, but I'm not capable of setting it up to do so. I removed it from the PC and didnt' buy it.

I synch my iPaq to the PC with MS ActiveSynch, which loads diary and contacts into Outlook (which I don't use for anything else), and Excel and other useful files into a directory where I can work on them.

I use XTENDConnectPC to upload/download stuff to and from the Z600 via the IR port, including phonebook and diary.

I can also send files directly between the iPaq and the Z600 using Bluetooth.

Do you actually need XTNDConnect for the iPaq?

BOAC
11th Dec 2003, 15:16
Well, Keef, I do EXACTLY what you do, but it would be x times easier to do it all via Outlook with both machines, non? There was me hoping Father C would pop along here with a nice trick or two.........:O