PDA

View Full Version : BA A/C on LHR to JFK Route

FingersR
10th Dec 2003, 20:25
Hi All,

Have a quick question for you concerning the entertainment "quality" on the a/c BA use on the LHR - JFK routes. I am taking my Mrs to New York very soon, and she is hoping that the onboard entertainment will be good - ie she will have her own screen to watch the TV etc. Sadly her experience of BA on long haul flights has been limited to Mauritius when 2 years ago we got a very clapped out 747 with a god awful tv screen that was so far away it could not be watched. It didnt worry me but was a big deal to her ;) Needless to say we are in World Traveller for both flights!

I am presuming that BA have upgraded all of the 747s now to have the seat back TVs etc? Is that the case and if not I assume the LHR - JFK route is prestigious that they put the 747 with uptodate entertainment systems on it?

Grateful for any info! :D

Fingers

MarkD
11th Dec 2003, 02:09
JFK will probably be 744 or 777 - seatback TV as standard, 12 channel in WT + 10 audio + map. Such is YYZ and I have few complaints (headphone jack socket can be dodgy)

Wannabe Flyboy
11th Dec 2003, 02:32
MarkD is correct; all BA trans-Atlantic aircraft (except the 767 MAN - JFK route I think) now have PTVs as standard in all classes. They're not massive but they're perfectly good for economy.

Enjoy your flight!

FingersR
11th Dec 2003, 02:48
Thanks Guys! Much appreciated!