PDA

View Full Version : NAS Training

missy
10th Dec 2003, 13:44
NAS 2b changes - what training did you receive?

Capt Claret
10th Dec 2003, 15:01
None. :(

I did receive a CD-ROM about Nov 21, with Mike Smith doing a promo flight. Advertising but no training.

A few days earlier I received some fairly glossy books, again mostly advertising and repetition rather than training.

MAXX
12th Dec 2003, 16:10
as per usual no training,but a few day prior to the changes i did get a cd and a few books

i think these days when the regulators are changing a few things it is up to us to learn the new changes,basically puts it back on the flying schools,companies and as it has always been the responsibility of the pilot to always know whats going on with changes.

whether you believe that is right or wrong thats the the way the industry runs.

Chapi
15th Dec 2003, 20:41
I assume the original question was really directed at pilots ...

But ...

Many ATCs got simulator training as part of the process to learn new procedures and adjust to new airspace configurations.

One of the reasons ATC is so concerned about NAS is because of what we simulated!

missy
16th Dec 2003, 18:20
The question was trying to capture exactly who received what, from private pilot to the heavy metal, from the novice to the most experienced, ATCs included.

It just seems odd to me that with such a change it is difficult to assess the level of training, education given and whether it was enough.

ATC high-fidelity simulator would seem to be reasonable for most Enroute controllers, but what about pilots?

And for the Enroute ATCs, was there a rating paper as well?

Chapi
16th Dec 2003, 20:49
Yes ... ATCs did have to complete a rating paper on the recent NAS changes.

The sim was only for those sectors without previous exposure to E aispace.

Chief galah
17th Dec 2003, 14:01
.........and did pilots complete a rating paper on the recent NAS changes?

CG