PDA

View Full Version : Laptop power on Virgin

Memetic
10th Dec 2003, 04:56
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if Virgin have laptop power in anyof the economy seats in their fleet.

I have found a few references on the web but most are old. I can't see anyting on the Virgin site (Might have missed it though.)

If it helps it's going to be VS027 (20th) & VS28 (28th) - so i'm not banking on it :D

Memetic

Southern Belle
10th Dec 2003, 06:38
Hi Memetic

Unfortunately no lap top power in economy on your flight. To my knowledge we dont have lap top power in economy on any aircraft although lap top power is available in premium ecomony on the a340 - 600. Have fun in Orlando

Memetic
10th Dec 2003, 18:24
Thanks for the info Southern Belle.

With all the IFE on board I doubt that i'll miss it. I'm only taking the laptop to downlod pics to and to have an Xmas day video call to the folks at home (Geeky eh!) :-)

davethelimey
11th Dec 2003, 23:52
It's the same with BA - laptop power in the first 3 classes, but none for economy. You'd have though that with fewer channels and less food they're the ones that need their DVD players working the most.

Interestingly, the US carriers I've flown with are much better at this business. Delta, American and US Airways all have power points at most seats in every cabin domestically, while American and US have power points at almost every seat internationally too, and I suspect the same for Delta though I couldn't say.

I know that for me this affects the airlines I choose to travel with. Admittedly, American has the rudest attendents, worst food (by a clear vomit-inducing mile) and the worst films ("I am Sam", for Chrissake), but for me being able to choose my own entertainment is invaluable.

I couldn't guess what induced that rant, sincerest apologies.

WHBM
12th Dec 2003, 03:27
American has the rudest attendents
Agreed. But can anyone explain to me how this can be when I believe they are among the best paid FAs in the whole world.

I've even heard them being rude to each other!

PAXboy
12th Dec 2003, 19:26
WHBM - You could always ask that question (about AA F/As) in the Cabin Crew Forum ...?:E

Jinkster
12th Dec 2003, 22:14
Virgin Atlantic - I flew with them on B747-400 service from LHR to LAX

Aircraft was great - new V:Port DVD type system.

No power in Economy for laptop and I doubt they would let you strap a solar panel to the side of the fuselage!!