PDA

View Full Version : Any clue about Carpatair safety record?

ettore
10th Dec 2003, 02:44
Colleagues of mine on wet-lease feel unconfortable flying on and with Carpatair FCM. Any ground to worry?

Whooaahh
11th Dec 2003, 18:00
Carpatair are relatively new and as far as I know have had no incidents that would cause your colleages any undue concerns

Safety wise, they should have nothing to fear, other than fear itself...I spend most of my working life flying around Russia on Russian aircraft types (I had 5.5 hours on an IL-86 just yesterday and have done about 20 hours on Yak-40's, IL-62M's, TU-204's and TU-154M's in the past 3 weeks). When I started, I had certain apprehensions about the hightened risk factors which have proved groundless.

Carpatair don't operate ageing Russian types, quite the opposite, SAAB 340's & 2000's, so stop panicking an get on with the job.

Whooaahh!!!

Safety Guy
11th Dec 2003, 20:13
What's their main concern? Have they seen specific examples of unsafe procedures or equipment, or aircraft flying overloaded? If so, they should follow their instincts, report their findings to someone in authority and look for an alternative. Otherwise, there's little they can do, IMHO.

CargoOne
11th Dec 2003, 22:53
have no clue about Carpatair, but just out of interest: is there really such demand to operate scheduled to 7 (!) Italian destinations out of Timisoara?

even Tarom serving only FCO and MXP out of Romanian capital, Bucharest...

Dani
13th Dec 2003, 19:29
They seem to have found a nice niche: One way Rumanian workers in Italy going home to their families, on the other way cheap holiday trips for the Italians.