PDA

View Full Version : av8air inflight details

BulkheadIsle
10th Dec 2003, 00:09
I am thinking about going down to play some golf near Cape Town in the spring. There are some fantastic deals with CT2 flying av8air direct MAN - CPT.

The plane is a leased 767-200 from Icelandair. (Icelandair 767 TF-FIA - the aircraft is still in Yes colours)

Does anybody have any details of seating, they are offering a business class option for £200 each way, for an 11 hour flight that sounds OK.

Is it equivalent to a schedule business class (I doubt it) any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

PAXboy
10th Dec 2003, 01:27
I sit to be corrected on this one but is this carrier already in business? I understood that they are planning a service but have not yet started ops?

The newest carrier is Nationwide, who started service from LGW recently. They are running to JNB twice a week and CPT once, I think. This is also a 767 (don't know series) and they have an Economy + option with extended pitch but the same width of seats and it may be that this is the option here too. Do let us know what you find out, perhaps check with the folks in the African Aviation forum.

BulkheadIsle
10th Dec 2003, 17:38
They are definately flying, the CPT service started about 2 weeks ago. It flies MAN - CPT direct on Tuesdays with a return on wednesday. Then MAN - DUB - PMI - CPT on Saturdays!!! I saw the plane on stand last week at MAN.

They also have a 757 which is now fully painted in av8air colours.

Thanks for the info I will try on the african forum.

Nato 35
11th Dec 2003, 01:13
This service is up and running using a leased Icelandair 767 300ER. I think its own 767 arrives in Jan /Feb and should be put on the UK register. The seat fit on their own A/C will be about 290 instead of standard 326 charter fit so much more room. Loads are supposed to be quite good. Hope all is well as it would be nice to hear some good news in the industry.:cool: